gem cutting courses and training in Bangkok

bembaman

On 5/20/2017 at 6:00 PM, bembaman said:

Does anyone know of any gem cutting schools or courses in Bangkok?

I selected the italicized text and right clicked to google and a bunch of stuff came up. Do that.

Google is what's called a search engine (www.google.com). You enter what interests you and google searches the web and comes with relevant links. It's really good. You should always google before bothering others.

I was amazed to see how they cut gems in "the game of stones" at discover channel. 

Their expert cut them on a spinning disc while he held the gem (a giant) in his hand. It was not a grinding machine but why did he hold the gem by hand while cutting? One episode he even broke a 50k$ gemstone because of that.

So yes it's worth to learn how to cut gemstones..

• 2 weeks later...

Bang Bang, I did Google it and whilst there is loads on jewellery there is little on gem cutting courses specifically. I know dozens of people in the jewellery trade in Bangkok and none of them knew of any courses in English. Like canuckamuck said, learn what forums are for, I did not bother you as you chose to bother yourself by replying, and if you have nothing positive to contribute just ignore my post and jog on.

Archived