Junta gets thumbs down for handling of economy: Poll

rooster59

21 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

My biggest complaint is the sun light glaring off of all those medals and blinding me. Yes I am having a blockage at the moment and its killing me. Old age brings on some instability but I will overcome it. Yes to many want power but at the end of a gun barrel power? What did Churchill say about democracy oh yes democracy is the worst form of government except for all others but then Churchill did no say it. Just cannot believe anyone any more. 

" It's good to trust others but, not to do so is much better. ":ph34r:

Benito Mussolini

"Asked what makes the Prayut government worse than the Yingluck government, 78 per cent said it was unelected and untouchable in terms of checks and balances, as well as depriving people of rights and freedom, while 76 per cent said the government lacked political experience, and 70 per cent said the government was not |well accepted by foreign countries.
Asked in what aspects the Prayut government did not perform as well as the Yingluck government, 78 per cent said its failure to address economic issues, 75 per cent said its failure to end the insurgency in the Deep South".

Last year Suan Dusit survey. Shocking high 70s mark level comparing Prayut and Yingluck government. What strike me is that high portion of the people value election and elected leaders. There is still hope for Thailand democracy contary to a small minority of naysayers. 

Statistics bahh hahhh, the lucky lotus basin stimulus is going to reap results, I have also bought one in order to capitalise, and when the up arrives those who are without a lotus basin are going to be looking pretty silly.

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

My biggest complaint is the sun light glaring off of all those medals and blinding me. Yes I am having a blockage at the moment and its killing me. Old age brings on some instability but I will overcome it. Yes to many want power but at the end of a gun barrel power? What did Churchill say about democracy oh yes democracy is the worst form of government except for all others but then Churchill did no say it. Just cannot believe anyone any more. 

He also said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."  Of course he was talking about UK voters, who might be considered to have some advantages over their Thai counterparts.

57 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:
"Asked what makes the Prayut government worse than the Yingluck government, 78 per cent said it was unelected and untouchable in terms of checks and balances, as well as depriving people of rights and freedom, while 76 per cent said the government lacked political experience, and 70 per cent said the government was not |well accepted by foreign countries.
Asked in what aspects the Prayut government did not perform as well as the Yingluck government, 78 per cent said its failure to address economic issues, 75 per cent said its failure to end the insurgency in the Deep South".

Last year Suan Dusit survey. Shocking high 70s mark level comparing Prayut and Yingluck government. What strike me is that high portion of the people value election and elected leaders. There is still hope for Thailand democracy contary to a small minority of naysayers. 

Do you blush as you type your hypocrisy? How was the Yingluk government not  " untouchable in terms of checks and balances"? Don't you remember the ombudsman asking about Thaksin's passport, the opposition asking about the rice scam figures, the DSI's Tarit changing the definition of perjury, the red militia getting a whitewash? And who has LESS political experience than Yingluk? Her only bloody job was at a family company.

But at least she had a chance to end the southern insurgency at a meeting of parties in Malaysia. So she sent Chalerm who impressed everyone with his impersonation of a drunken idiot. Not only didn't she not end the southern insurgency, she came close to inciting another in the north.

Yep her government was so popular that it engendered a huge protest, bigger than anything her supporters have managed, even with pay for attendance.

17 minutes ago, halloween said:

Do you blush as you type your hypocrisy? How was the Yingluk government not  " untouchable in terms of checks and balances"? Don't you remember the ombudsman asking about Thaksin's passport, the opposition asking about the rice scam figures, the DSI's Tarit changing the definition of perjury, the red militia getting a whitewash? And who has LESS political experience than Yingluk? Her only bloody job was at a family company.

But at least she had a chance to end the southern insurgency at a meeting of parties in Malaysia. So she sent Chalerm who impressed everyone with his impersonation of a drunken idiot. Not only didn't she not end the southern insurgency, she came close to inciting another in the north.

Yep her government was so popular that it engendered a huge protest, bigger than anything her supporters have managed, even with pay for attendance.

If her government "engendered such a huge protest, bigger than anything her supporters have managed", why then was it necessary for the subsequent election to be prevented? Do tell, I'm sure that lots of us would like to know. We keep asking but somehow never get an answer.

26 minutes ago, halloween said:

Looks like you blow a fuse. Too much bottled up frustration defending the indefensible is bad for your old heart my friend. Let it go, the junta according to the survey and ground sentiment is ruining the country economy and international image. The protest ended when the amnesty was withdraw and only the hired thugs and goons continued with their mission to creat the situation for the coup. 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

He also said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."  Of course he was talking about UK voters, who might be considered to have some advantages over their Thai counterparts.

Yes another good quote. 

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Your now making comparisons measured by nano degrees of trust. 

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Looks like you blow a fuse. Too much bottled up frustration defending the indefensible is bad for your old heart my friend. Let it go, the junta according to the survey and ground sentiment is ruining the country economy and international image. The protest ended when the amnesty was withdraw and only the hired thugs and goons continued with their mission to creat the situation for the coup. 

Are we talking about the same survey? Read it again and find any mention of international image. Yes people aren't happy about agricultural prices and the general slow economy. Is that actually the junta's fault? Should they start paying farmers more than their produce is worth? After all, it worked SO well before.

Hard to defend blatant hypocrisy, isn't it?

8 hours ago, connda said:

They are quite obviously out to destroy micro-businesses and small-time entrepreneurs.  When these Einstein's eventually destroy the very small, street-based, free-market enterprises where many in the poorest segments of Thai society find a way to make money, then what will they do with the unemployed?  

Remember why the military took control, it certainly had nothing to do with  the poor in society, they were doing better than they ever had before, much to the disdain of.............

Another worthless survey 1,254 people? are they really representative or just relatives!

Carry on Thailand! why was there never a movie with that title, so apt!

Remember why the military took control, it certainly had nothing to do with  the poor in society, they were doing better than they ever had before, much to the disdain of.............

Another worthless survey 1,254 people? are they really representative or just relatives!

Carry on Thailand! why was there never a movie with that title, so apt!

Poll is statistically significant IF truly random selection of people. We'll never know. And all genuine polls have legitimate margins of error. At least this poll result is somewhat believable!

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

I don't care what you say ...   would you rather thailand go back to the way it was before ?   protests ... blockages ... killings ... instability ....   should I go on ...

To many keyboard farang just whinge ... whinge ...  but still choose to stay in Thailand ... when are farang going to understand that democracy does not work here .... there are too many who want power and fights break out ....

but i respect your opinion .... I'm just being honest and how it really is here ...

Well said my friend.

You are absolutely spot on.

Why stay if it is so bad?

It has me baffled

...and 70 per cent said the government was not |well accepted by foreign countries.

I guess the survey was done before Trump got elected...... His current love fest with all the Mid East dictators, and his invite to the White House of Prayuth, should once again shower lots of US love on Thailand. Trump fails to grasp most reality. But, fortunately, realpolitik seems to be something he understands. So, hopefully, no more visits from the US State Dept idealists.

To the people like becker  , why don't you talk to The Thai people of how good it was under Thaksin, or Taksin sister,

actually not that great if you are not related to them or were in their influence.  I guess many of you forget the past rather

quickly.   Before the attempts with them two there were the other Generals and the coups of those old days. Maybe that is

what you remember of the past. Just wondering..  and my memory is is getting older as well. However my Thai relatives tell

me what the old days were like, and I sort of believe them before I believe the politicians and other people.

Geezer

Well said my friend.
You are absolutely spot on.
Why stay if it is so bad?
It has me baffled

Some people have more build up here than a "reserved" seat at their favorite bar like you.

Some have wifes who work here, have jobs themselves here, have kids going to school here, have a house here, have friends here, have family here, etc.

Just because you can pick up your 1 bag and leave when you want doesn't mean we all have such an empty existence.

Just now, Bob12345 said:

Some people have more build up here than a "reserved" seat at their favorite bar like you.

Some have wifes who work here, have jobs themselves here, have kids going to school here, have a house here, have friends here, have family here, etc.

Just because you can pick up your 1 bag and leave when you want doesn't mean we all have such an empty existence.

That is the thing.  I never wanted to leave.  I was doing good things for the Thai people I worked with.  But I could, so I did.  Still work with the same people, but see them less. 

My relatives worked in Thailand in the 1950's .   They were not excited about me spending long periods of time there.  They just said do not get too attached to the  place.   I figured out what they meant three years ago.