Robbers steal 2.1 million baht from an ATM

rooster59

Robbers steal 2.1 million baht from an ATM

2005004.jpg

Two robbers made off with 2.1 million baht after they injured a security and broke open an ATM located in the compound of a company on Petkasem road in Petchaburi province early Saturday morning.

The security guard of the SR Spinning Company in Tambon Ton Maphrao, Muang district, reportedly told police that at about 4 pm he heard a loud noise of something being sawn coming from an ATM of the Siam Commercial Bank and went to investigate.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/robbers-steal-2-1-million-baht-atm/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-21

' He went on saying that the two robbers then set fire to the ATM to break it open and grabbed the cash inside, amounting to 2.1 million baht. '

I'm confused .....  setting fire to an ATM will not allow the cash box to be opened ...

I thought that ATM's were virtually theft proof .....  ?

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

' He went on saying that the two robbers then set fire to the ATM to break it open and grabbed the cash inside, amounting to 2.1 million baht. '

I'm confused .....  setting fire to an ATM will not allow the cash box to be opened ...

I thought that ATM's were virtually theft proof .....  ?

Pssst thats only a rumor to keep honest folk honest. Looks like a torch job not fire acetylene