PM Prayut calls for employment of low-income earners

webfact

PM calls for employment of low-income earners

BANGKOK, 22 May 2017 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has ordered all economic agencies as well as the Ministry of Interior to find employment for low-income earners and farmers as to boost their income. 

A report from Government House has indicated Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-ocha has ordered the Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Ministry of Interior and other offices related to economics to find ways to generate employment for low-income earners as to bolster their revenue.

He suggested the government directly hire those in need such as farmers who do not own their own land and students in between semesters, saying they could be put to conducting surveys and other fact finding work. 

The PM said work should be appropriate and beneficial to the particular area of those employed as well as in step with the civil-state approach. He called for collaboration between the state, private sector and general public and asked that private businesses support this effort.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-22

Get them out cleaning the streets, picking up rubbish from the side of the roads, along beaches, around parks, etc. i.e. doing something USEFUL and PRODUCTIVE. 

No more surveys, please! 

Edited by djayz

Start with zero migrate workers on construction sites. Let these developers like Tulip Group pay real market wages rather than  ฿200 a day. Then turn around and demand first world prices. Make Thailand Great Again!

I watched this doco/film last night. Brand made a lot of sense. Its great there is a drive for jobs, but the elephant in the room is 'everyone in the community needs to contribute to the economy'. That includes paying taxes. How much has Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, etc contributed to paying Taxes in all countries they operate in. What about the rich Thais. Young Mr 'Boss'  and Red Bull Family could kick in $1 billion US and still live the life of Riley.

Jobs are needed but an equitable spread of capital and resources is what is really needed. Don't know if this is in the blueprint.

Woody Allan said, "I really treasure this gold watch, which my grandfather sold me on his death bed".

1. Have then clean up the environment and all the litter--and fix the sidewalks while they are at it so I don't fall in a hole.  2. Have them all take teacher's training even if they are imbeciles; some day it will pay off.

17 hours ago, pegman said:

Start with zero migrate workers on construction sites. Let these developers like Tulip Group pay real market wages rather than  ฿200 a day. Then turn around and demand first world prices. Make Thailand Great Again!

That how much they pay those Cambodians and Laos workers  200 baht per day Omg Are the tulip group Dutch by any chance