Retirement Visa

Hello all

I had a retirement Visa which ran out 3 April this year having had extentsions early (the last was 28 Feb) I was advised just to get another extension until 28 May and renew my Visa before the extension  ran out but of course when I went to renew I was refused  due to Visa ending  3 April 2017  maybe I miss understood and should have reapplied  before 3 April ....my question is can I fly out to Singapore on my Visa extension and get a Tourist Visa with no problems or do I have to pay overstay and even worse will I have other problems ....this is the first time I have had a problem.

What do you actually have? Only a permit to stay is extended.

If your extension of stay ended on April 3rd you are now on an overstay. You will be fined the max fine of 20,000 baht for an overstay when you leave the country. The daily fine is 500 baht.

There are no 3 month extension for retirement. Only a one year extension is possible.

Perhaps you are confusing 90 day reports with extensions of stay.

whilst i agree terminology  does certainly help    i think   not everyone  is up to date

so this is why TV is a successful  forum that it is versatile, via the posters, to accommodate

the less well informed in a kindly manner   and therefore the posters will learn all about the correct terminology for future use  

4 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

whilst i agree terminology  does certainly help    i think   not everyone  is up to date

so this is why TV is a successful  forum that it is versatile, via the posters, to accommodate

the less well informed in a kindly manner   and therefore the posters will learn all about the correct terminology for future use  

Why thank you Lamkyong unfortunately many times the problem is the people who are up to date who continue to

refuse to use the correct terminology which hinders the less well informed and perpetuates the confusion big time.

The above being an example of this, the op appears to have been incorrectly informed.