Thaivisa firm freezes my Firefox browser

alocacoc

17 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Windows 64 bit, I have put Opera as my default only two days ago, and yet Chrome says they are my default browser.

Also, Chromium has made an appearance now (I assume they are part of Chrome), I have tried to uninstall it using the 

control panel, and it refuses to go, although it actually tells me it is uninstalling. I can never really begin to understand computers.

Luckysite123.com has now appeared in my Chrome opening page, I never asked for it, have never even heard of it, and no one else ever uses my computer.

Maybe it is Chrome 32 bit that is conflicting or something else try downloading CCleaner and you can use it to uninstall programs too I keep it handy for pc cleaning.

3 minutes ago, crystal sauce said:

Maybe it is Chrome 32 bit that is conflicting or something else try downloading CCleaner and you can use it to uninstall programs too I keep it handy for pc cleaning.

Yes, thanks, I have already got CCleaner. Transam has already given me 10bit uninstaller, I will see how that goes.

On 23/05/2017 at 2:20 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Me!

I have reported on another channel (not public).

In the meantime I have completey "reset" FF and installed only three essential add-ons (noscr. being one).

With that it works again.

Other sites (more than a dozen started before TV) didn't have a problem.

Looks like a change in TV combined with some add-on.

You could send my your list of add-ons that you have installed as a PM.

(don't want to discuss it publicly)

could that be "Big brother is watching you" and implementing some spyware?

the new controversial internet law has come alive, after all.....

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 2:43 PM, JetsetBkk said:

Thank God it's not just me!

I'll go and do some gardening for while and see what's what afterwards...

It is still totally unusable on my laptop running Windows 10, latest Firefox version, with Noscript OFF and Addblock Plus OFF - i.e. scripts and adverts allowed.

Every time I change a page the PC goes to high CPU, the temperature goes to 80C+ and Firefox does not respond. After about a minute or so the CPU and temperature go back to normal.

My desktop running XP and Firefox 28 is fine.

Work on it, @Tech Doctor!

12 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

It is still totally unusable on my laptop running Windows 10, latest Firefox version, with Noscript

I thought @KhunBENQ had narrowed this down to an issue involving Windows, Firefox, and running NoScript, and ThaiVisa calling a FaceBook.net script.  

If you aren't using any FaceBook feature or login then just block the use of that javascript.

I thought@KhunBENQ had narrowed this down to an issue involving Windows, Firefox, and running NoScript, and ThaiVisa calling a FaceBook.net script.  

If you aren't using any FaceBook feature or login then just block the use of that javascript.

Yes, that was the solution for me too. Many sites uses Facebook.net but only on this forum Firefox crashes. A bit lame TV isn't resolving this issue.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, alocacoc said:
17 hours ago, RichCor said:
I thought@KhunBENQ had narrowed this down to an issue involving Windows, Firefox, and running NoScript, and ThaiVisa calling a FaceBook.net script.  

Yes, that was the solution for me too. Many sites uses Facebook.net but only on this forum Firefox crashes. A bit lame TV isn't resolving this issue.

Thanks for the input.

Can you give me directions on how to block the Facebook.net javascript?

? @Tech Doctor