Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex

webfact

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Why anyone with a sense of fairness, a social conscience would want to vacation in Indonesia is beyond me. Seriously, think about it. The country and the values it espouses are everything civilized countries are not: Where is the compassion and respect for individual freedoms?

The next time I see another post on TVF about how the angry person will go to Bali instead because they object to   taxi fares in Thailand, I will ask, so you don't object to the caning of young adults who harmed no one and who's crime was one of mutual affection?

Oddly enough we do not see the  European lefties protesting this. Perhaps, not trendy enough.

You do realize that Bali, indeed a province of Indonesia,  is some 85% Hindu and about 13% Muslim.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bali#Religion

The canning took place in Aceh,  a semi autonomous 98% muslim province and also one of the poorest in Indonesia.  Not exactly a high value tourist destination. Interestingly,  10 years or so ago, Aceh provided many of the bar girls and freelancers you ran into in the tourist areas of Indonesia. Not sure about today as I haven't been to Indonesia in many years.

TH 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic