Chalong Circle Underpass

alansiporin

In another 4 years you should know what is actually happening at the circle, if you are lucky and they actually start using all the machinery at the work site and the workers actually start doing some work instead of sitting around talking and sleeping on the job 

1 hour ago, madmax2 said:

In another 4 years you should know what is actually happening at the circle, if you are lucky and they actually start using all the machinery at the work site and the workers actually start doing some work instead of sitting around talking and sleeping on the job 

As I said, yesterday all heavy machinery was in use, and there were many, many workers, all very busy.

If they keep it up that way it will be finished much faster than your forecast.

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

As I said, yesterday all heavy machinery was in use, and there were many, many workers, all very busy.

If they keep it up that way it will be finished much faster than your forecast.

Don't worry, some "problem" will crop up to slow it all down again. Don't forget, 10% completed two months after the projected completion date.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Yes, as common here, any sign of optimism is shot down.

21 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

Yes, I wonder why all those "nay" sayers are still living in Phuket.

Yes, because optimism is so often shot-down by reality here. Best to avoid disappointment, eh?

You think residents of towns in their own countries don't complain about stuff? Ha!

Without people complaining, problems aren't even acknowledged by officialdom here, never-mind actually fixing the problem.

Besides...........I'm British, so, have an innate talent for complaining, and by God! I'll use that talent when I see that it's warranted.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 2

I've been pessimistic about this particular project since they announced the same contractors who did the Tesco Lotus job. Was I right to be pessimistic? Well, judging by the progress made in the first two years, I think so. 

Am I right to continue to be ? Only time will tell. But I still don't reckon we'll see the opening ceremony before 2020.

And like KB, I reserve the right to be a whingeing Pom as and when required!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting drone video of works:

Looks like it was taken a few weeks ago based on progress.

If you watch at about 00:30 the drone heads north towards the circle. Not sure how they are going to complete the trench/tunnel roof without demolishing some of the buildings on the Kata/Karon corner.  You can see how they construct the tunnel roof at around 01:20.  Later they'll excavate the ground under the roof and lay the road.  But it does not look like there's space for a traffic lane either side of the roof/trench with the current structures in place.  

Drove past the underpass at Phuket Airport this week and there was a very notable lack of heavy machinery and workers there now.  Isn't the same company responsible for work at Chalong?  Certainly work picked up pace significantly in last 1-2 weeks here in Chalong.

• Like 1

Full contingent of workers yesterday preparing the road on the hospital side back to the corner. Should help when complete but will still be a sharp left turn which could have been avoided had they not allowed construction of new building there.

2 hours ago, Valentine said:

Not so long ago 8.30pm would see very little traffic coming into the circle yet the other night there were about a dozen large tour buses lined up on the Chao Fa West side. What hope is there?

Traffic was lining up to get into Kata as well, almost to the view point.

Left Rawai at 6.40pm on Saturday night and got to Patong at 8.25pm. Couldn't believe the traffic including tour buses at Cape Promthep. The bottle neck seemed to be the intersection at Kata with no policeman to direct traffic. So many idiots hesitant and others charging dangerously through.

Makes you realise, Patong, with all its problems is "still a better place to be."

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

There was a lot of moaning and complaining about the other underpasses, same is happening with Chalong, everybody loves a good old moan!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do you live south of the circle or close to it at all?