What To Do In Pattaya?

jasreeve17

Hello Pattaya folk,

I've lived in Bangkok for the past 4 years and never been to Pattaya. The Missus is going to the temple for 10 days and that gives me a few days break - from the 29th, so I've decided to give it a go.

I'm planning to get the bus down (I live next to the bus station in Ekami) and would like to avoid people like me 15 years ago (drunken, foolish English types), but I'd like to have a nice relaxing time with a few quality beers.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Jas

Hello Pattaya folk,

I've lived in Bangkok for the past 4 years and never been to Pattaya. The Missus is going to the temple for 10 days and that gives me a few days break - from the 29th, so I've decided to give it a go.

I'm planning to get the bus down (I live next to the bus station in Ekami) and would like to avoid people like me 15 years ago (drunken, foolish English types), but I'd like to have a nice relaxing time with a few quality beers.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Jas

I wait with bated breath for the replies. I advise you should go to the temple with your wife.

quote]The idea is to get away from Bangkok and enjoy my time in Thailand a bit more. Ideally, avoiding the sex scene. Ideally, that is. The missus has a big pair of scissors and is not afraid to use them.

Ok, there are The temple of the thruth, Tiger zoo, Sea Aquarium, Noong Noch Garden, Secrets (for a Lao Beer, just Coyotee there, stick to the Girls with a red Batch, they are not barfinable), Tiffanys (Ladyboy Show), Blues Factory, for good Music (that's on Walking Street). Jenys Star Bar, if you like Tecno Music (it's a all men Bar, so you will be safe there :o )And of course the endless clean Beaches :D why not Koh Chang?

Forgot; why not Scuba Diving? If you can't do it, try a Discover Scuba Diver Course, it's a great way to spend a Day away from the heat of the town (ok, now it's a little more chilly). But that would be a very good reason to explain to your wife and to avoid the scissors. It's a very good reason to come here; in the future also. :o

Well no worries, I'm sure you have self control, so the ladies will be not an issue. :o

Heaps to do, but not sure if touristy bits are that fun when you are by yourself, but I'll leave that up to you.

Elephant Trekking

Buddha Hill

Nang Nook

Croc Farm

Koh Samet

Koh Larn

Pattaya Park

Proper massage

Golf

Shooting Range

Go-Karts

Diving (recommend Aquanauts)

I hope that you have booked your hotel.....and a comfortable hotel with a nice swimming pool.

You wanted to relax....during the day. Nothing better than to put your feet up around the swimming pool.

Go home to the missus with a sun tan and you won't need to explain to her what you did whilst in Pattaya.

In the early evening, take a walk around the various streets between Central Road and Walking Street and find a restaurant where you can put a good lining in your stomach in preparation for some cold amber refreshments later on.

At night, walk along Walking Street, find an open air bar with comfortable chairs overlooking the street, sit back and watch the passing parade as you enjoy your dozen or so beers.

After that...............I'll leave the rest up to you. :o

Hello Pattaya folk,

Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Jas

if you want to avoid people like that ,dont come to pattaya at this time of year,its full off them!!!,low season is much better ,far fewer idiots about(but still afew). by the way dont forget your sandals and socks lol.they seem to be fashionable in patters around tourist season lol :o

There are some nice restuarants along 3rd Road, the fishing park does good food and a live band albeit a bit high on the volume but if you ask to sit to the top right hand side near the lake its ok.

I would avoid Beach Road and Walking Street, maybe have a saunter through so you know what its about but there are plenty of Bars, with some playing live music on 2nd Road that are less frantic but still lively enough.

If that is still too much just jump on a baht bus to Jomtiem where its not so heaving

The idea is to get away from Bangkok and enjoy my time in Thailand a bit more. Ideally, avoiding the sex scene. Ideally, that is. The missus has a big pair of scissors and is not afraid to use them.

If I were you, I'd catch a bus to Chiang Mai instead... I've heard it's nice and cool this year.

:D

Try explaining to your missus that whilst she was away, you had a 10 day holiday in Pattaya... and were a good boy... :o ... I can just picture it... her standing in front of you... glaring... and muttering "dtollair..."

Play safe buddy... head off somewhere else that doesn't have such a reputation (among the Thais as well as the farang). You'd be considered guilty by association, even if you did behave yourself here.

Play safe buddy... head off somewhere else that doesn't have such a reputation (among the Thais as well as the farang). You'd be considered guilty by association, even if you did behave yourself here.

What if he just spent his time on the golf course (say, the 19th Hole ?) or at the library on soi 6 ? :o

Once upon a time we complied a list of things to see and do in Pattaya, that wouldn't offend the more "sensitive" folks (or get them in trouble with their better halves). I think we had over 50 things listed before the thread faded away.

We should retrieve that list and pin it (or make a new one). There's plenty to do, depending on what you are interested in. From bowling to bunjee jumping, sight-seeing, water sports (of the "clean" kind), shows, shopping, tourist attractions (Nong Nooch, Croc Farm/Million Years Stone Park/Underwater World/Mini Siam).

Be warned though, if anyone suggests "Polo", stay away ! :D

Once upon a time we complied a list of things to see and do in Pattaya, that wouldn't offend the more "sensitive" folks (or get them in trouble with their better halves). I think we had over 50 things listed before the thread faded away.

Thats a good idea Kerryd... maybe it should be pinned at the top of the forum.

General question: do most members read the pinned topics or not?

Thats a good idea Kerryd... maybe it should be pinned at the top of the forum.

General question: do most members read the pinned topics or not?

In my opinion, no

Just newer folks who are looking for something specific. I can't remember who it was, but one of the VERY regular posters didn't see the pinned pissup thread until a few days before the event....and only then because he was told about it by another member.

The problem with pinned posts is that much of the information contained therein changes quite quickly and/or posters place other posts in there that conflict or change the original information.

Perhaps if a mod could close the post to prevent others posting or make a compilation of the combined information made by posters and then close and pin it, it may be more beneficial to those seeking the information.

What do you guys do in Pattaya? I'm not talking about tourist attractions, been there once or twice and it's done. The guys who live in Pattaya and don't have jobs, what do you do all day? I'll be spending a lot of time in Pattaya in the future. Work occupies most of my time here in the USA. I won't be working in Pattaya and I'm wondering what I'm going to do all day.

Jomtien soi 14 beach (very quiet).

Surf the net.

Meet girls along Buakow.

Take Thai classes at AUA.

Volunteer at orphanage.

See a movie.

Meet girls at Royal Garden McDonald's.

Clean your shower tiles.

Buy a yellow t-shirt for Mondays.

Visit Khao Chee Chan.

Visit Chinese Temple atop Pattaya.

Figure out which bars have free beer and/or free barfine draws.

Make a friend or enemy on TV and read all their posts and make a comment agreeing, adding, or disagreeing to each.

Go to North Soi Buakow market at 6pm and have dinner and then meet a girl shopping.

Smell test some of your unfolded clothes and towels and decide which need to be laundered.

Visit Carrefour, Big C, and Tesco to make a chart for lowest prices.

Go to a visa shop and ask a lot of questions.

Enjoy the Filipina cover band at Moon River Pub.

Visit a farrang from your country in BKK jail.

Go eat 6 fresh oysters.

Have a nap from reading this list.

The problem with pinned posts is that much of the information contained therein changes quite quickly and/or posters place other posts in there that conflict or change the original information.

Perhaps if a mod could close the post to prevent others posting or make a compilation of the combined information made by posters and then close and pin it, it may be more beneficial to those seeking the information.

Duly noted mate...

I agree with Jai Dee, safer elsewhere even if you are a good boy.

If your an Aussie go to Kan and see the Bridge and Hellfire pass, or go an visit Lampshade and Yorkie at the Farang Connection in Surin, Lampy will set you up with a tour to Wat Phanum Rung or perhaps even Wat Kao Phra Viharn which is a must (Jai Dee and better half, Myself and better half did this and totally enjoyed it). Unless your into golf there isn't much you can do in PTY that you cannot do in Samut Prakarn.

Forgot; why not Scuba Diving? If you can't do it, try a Discover Scuba Diver Course, it's a great way to spend a Day away from the heat of the town (ok, now it's a little more chilly). But that would be a very good reason to explain to your wife and to avoid the scissors. It's a very good reason to come here; in the future also. :o

A couple of good ideas thank you - scuba diving then a beer laos, perfect.

If you are going to do scuba, do a proper course for your Open Water. Discovery Scuba is waste of dosh and no credit towards a cert.

If you are going to do scuba, do a proper course for your Open Water. Discovery Scuba is waste of dosh and no credit towards a cert.

Thanks Britmaveric, I did some courses a few years ago (PADI and TDI) so I'm well qualified, but haven't dived for three years. So, Maybe an easy day trip with two shallow (10 - 15 metres) dives would be perfect. Maybe the first one a refresher dive, I'd be happy with that too. The shorter the boat trip the better. Do you know where aquanoughts are?

Thanks, Jas

Aquanauts 437/17 Moo 9, Soi Yodsak & Beach Rd. (midway down the gauntlet on right hand side towards beach rd) :o

Also second location: Aquanauts Dive Centre 2 Soi Pattayaland 1, Beach Road, (left hand side road towards beach rd)

Edited by britmaveric

Actually DSD can give you credit to Open Water. but the Instructor has to credit it on a special referral document to PADI