Chinese tourist loses 30,000 of valuables in Pattaya snatch robbery

webfact

Chinese tourist loses 30,000 of valuables in Pattaya snatch robbery

4pmm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

PATTAYA: -- A Chinese tourist out for a stroll in North Pattaya fell victim to a lone motorcycle snatch thief yesterday.

The incident happened near the Petch Tragoon intersection as Miss Weng Xin Chun and her friends were heading to the Pla Loma roundabout.

A man on a motorcycle riding alone grabbed her bag containing 2,000 yuan, 400 baht, an iPhone 6 and various documents. It was all valued at 30,000 baht.

Police on the scene radioed ahead but the robber disappeared without trace said Sophon Cable on Facebook.

Police reiterated their often heard warning to tourists to keep valuables close when out walking or on motorcycles.

They said that tourists should not offer easy pickings to the thieves.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-25

" They said that tourists should not offer easy pickings to the thieves. "

I thought this might be another fool with gold chain bling, but this was her bag/purse/?

Solution: use room service, never leave hotel property , and keep close eye on the staff....

Amazing Thailand

4 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that tourists should not offer easy pickings to the thieves

Surprised they didnt say "if they werent here it would never have happened" !!! 

If you must carry valuables in a bag, get one with a reinforced strap and wear it across your body and with the bag on the side away from the street. This will be quite hard for a motorbike thief to steal.

I am starting to think that those Chinese Zero Pay Tours are the way to go. Don't bring money or valuables or ATM/Credit cards to Thailand.  If you do you have to always be on edge and on the lookout.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

If you must carry valuables in a bag, get one with a reinforced strap and wear it across your body and with the bag on the side away from the street. This will be quite hard for a motorbike thief to steal.

Or if you value your body more than your stuff, get one with a quick tear away strap so you won't be dragged along when they steal it.

40 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Or if you value your body more than your stuff, get one with a quick tear away strap so you won't be dragged along when they steal it.

With my build I would take my chances that the thief falls off his motorbike before I fall over. Not that I ever carry a bag or anything valuable here anyway.

Hint: activate the tracking device on their stolen iPhone 6, they might have a chance to locate and arrest the turd. Question is, will police hunt and dive?

Edited by Shroud

10 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Use a good old fashioned fanny pack.  There are all sizes available.  Keep the clasp part under your shirt so it can't be easily unclipped and also run an extra loop or simple twist tie.  Will keep the casual quick snatch and grab from happening.  Sorry if you want to show off your gucci or other fancy purse.  Leave that at home.

19 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I thought this might be another fool with gold chain bling, but this was her bag/purse/?

Solution: use room service, never leave hotel property , and keep close eye on the staff....

Amazing Thailand

Nothing wrong with wearing a gold chain, just need to have your wits about you, same as carrying a handbag or wearing a watch etc

On 2017-5-25 at 9:53 PM, wakeupplease said:

A snatch a day keeps the tourists away.

I thought a snatch a day or more is what attracted tourists to Pattaya :partytime2: Just make sure it's a snatch and not a sausage 

On 2017-5-26 at 1:56 PM, Jimmyjames120 said:

Nothing wrong with wearing a gold chain, just need to have your wits about you, same as carrying a handbag or wearing a watch etc

I see lots of Africans in BKK & Pattaya wear their bling-bling and I've never heard about them getting robbed. Maybe the robbers are too scared to try and grab the bling-bling worn by the African drug dealers.

On 25/05/2017 at 3:14 PM, Emster23 said:

Amazing Thailand

I hear Mr T is visiting soon, do you Pity the Fool? ?

5 hours ago, Jimmyjames120 said:

I hear Mr T is visiting soon, do you Pity the Fool? ?

There are lots of "Mr T's" in Pattaya, I pity the fool who ends up picking up a "Mr. T" by accident.....a "Mr. Transsexual"