Chalong Circle

stuandjulie

And no power in HomePro Village.  I guess HomePro have limited back-up power but the small shops all in the dark. I was buying a router at Banana, they just scanned the bar code with a smart phone - show price and write a paper receipt. 

My wife just back from Phuket town and took about 30 minutes to get through the circle. Welcome to Phuket ...

Normally they give advance warning of major closures such as this. It might have made me defer my trip to Phuket Town today. I still hate to think what might happen when digging actually starts, remembering the mess this construction company made at Tesco Lotus.

My wife was coming back  from Macro and was stuck in traffic for an extended period, then was shunted into the East road. Moving poles she said. I thought that was supposed to happen in the first month or so of the project a couple of years back!

Then we copped yet another lengthy power failure just after dark tonight.  Since they replaced the old poles with new, and installed the high tension wires, we seem to be back to the old days of frequent cuts.