Monk's marker slip-up leaves new car owner feeling like a right plonker!

rooster59

Monk's marker slip-up leaves new car owner feeling like a right plonker!

560000005537901.JPEG

Image: Manager

A Thai man thought he was getting some much needed help from accidents after a monk covered the hood of his new car in auspicious markings.

The only problem was someone at the temple had handed the monk the wrong pen - it turned out to be a permanent marker.

Now the owner of the red plate white Toyota Vios has posted pictures of his plight on Facebook appealing to the online community about the best way to remove the markings.

"Piak Rider" said he had tried many things but even thinner didn't work.

Helpful netizens suggested various creams and sprays while others just thought it was hilarious.

Some suggested teasingly that he should not remove the markings as the magic may then become ineffective.

Source: Manager

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-27

9 minutes ago, Marley01 said:

Trace over the permanent marker with white board marker then wipe it off, both should come off.

The normal trick for class room whiteboard stuff-ups. 

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The only problem was someone at the temple had handed the monk the wrong pen - it turned out to be a permanent marker.

That is far from the only problem in believing magical writing on a car prevents accidents. . 

Edited by Bluespunk

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Guess it too much for the temple to cover the cost of repair.

I've just been reading about a Monk who had 70 amulets stolen.  They were worth 200,000 Baht.  

So, if I were the owner of the car, I'd ask the temple first.  "If you don't ask, you don't get."

3 hours ago, Moti24 said:

I've just been reading about a Monk who had 70 amulets stolen.  They were worth 200,000 Baht.  

So, if I were the owner of the car, I'd ask the temple first.  "If you don't ask, you don't get."

I'm sure the answer would be the same as to the age-old question 'Would you like a job involving sex and travel?"

Well, what can one say? Using thinner wasn't a particularly bright idea, either. Perhaps he'd do better to keep his eyes on the road, his hands on the wheel, and assume that most Thai drivers on the road might well be worse than he is - especially when they believe more in power of an amulet than their driving skills (or lack, thereof).

17 hours ago, Marley01 said:

Trace over the permanent marker with white board marker then wipe it off, both should come off.

Works every time. Surprised he hasn't tried it.

On 5/27/2017 at 5:01 AM, rooster59 said:

A Thai man thought he was getting some much needed help from accidents after a monk covered the hood of his new car in auspicious markings.

If he thinks that getting a monk to scrawl all over his hood, (indelibly or not) will give him 'much needed help', his driving ability has to be somewhat questionable.

Perhaps he should seek some ''much needed help'' form a good driving instructor.

Edited by Moonlover
Add paragragh