Recommend a family hotel in Bangkok

KunMatt

I'm going back to Thailand in a couple of months with my wife (Thai) and our 2 young kids (ages 4 and 5).

We used to live in Bangkok and plan to spend 4 nights there at the beginning of the trip.   The hotel we used to always use (President Solitaire) is now closed for 2 years for renovations!

The problem I'm having is I cannot find any hotels with rooms that will accommodate 4 people.  We want to stay preferably on Soi 11 but I'm open to suggestions.

All we need is a clean, safe, nice hotel with a good pool.  I enquired at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Asoke as we have stayed there before and it was outstanding for all our needs but now they wont let me book for 2 accompanying children.

Can anybody please recommend any hotels with a suite or a room that can accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids for us?  Budget is around 5,000 baht a night.

Thanks in advance.

In the past, I have noticed on agoda that with some hotels there are some restrictions on children sharing and even some silly policies regarding at what age the child is considered an adult. This never came up in the general search, only when selecting and reviewing individual hotels. Maybe the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is just plain busy as I couldn't see any availability for 2+2 on their own website with some arbitrary dates in July.

I would recommend The Column on Soi 16 (south Asoke). Awesome views over Benjakitti Park on the west side, spacious rooms, the largest bathtubs I have seen anywhere, washer/drier ensuite and the buffet breakfast at their Long Table restaurant mid-level was really good value. Right next door is Foodland with a Took Lae Dee for the impromptu 'you know what I would like to eat right now?' moments that kids tend to throw at you.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

In the past, I have noticed on agoda that with some hotels there are some restrictions on children sharing and even some silly policies regarding at what age the child is considered an adult. This never came up in the general search, only when selecting ad reviewing individual hotels. Maybe the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is just plain busy as I couldn't see any availability for 2+2 on their own website with some arbitrary dates in July.

I would recommend The Column on Soi 16 (south Asoke). Spacious rooms, the largest bathtubs I have seen anywhere, washer/drier ensuite and the buffet breakfast at their Long Table restaurant mid-level was really good value. Right next door is a Foodland with a Took lae Dee for the impromptu 'you know what I would like to eat right now?' moments that kids tend to throw at you.

Thanks I will check out the Column as I've never heard of that hotel before.

I emailed the Sheraton because they had a "complimentary 4th night" promotion but the website wasn't applying the promotion, and it was the assistant that emailed me back who picked up on the 2 kids are not allowed policy as she informed me in her email reply.

I would prefer to stay in or around Soi 11 if there are any new hotels or apartments which have sprung up in the last couple of years since we left.

22 minutes ago, KunMatt said:

And if you looked at any of the results you would see that I would have to book 2 rooms a night because they don't allow 2 kids to stay with 2 adults.

Also most of them are well over 5k a night.

Trying to do this from outside Bangkok is the problem, this is why I am seeking local knowledge and advice.

Thanks anyways.

I admit did not check them all but many that I did, including the first offer, only requires one room - it is clearly stated in the list as to what the bedding arrangement is.  This is shared bedding.  If you need everyone to have bed most would require two rooms (so perhaps that is what you are thinking?).

Try Sukhumit suites hotel,  Asoke suites hotel, Hilton on soi 24, Marriot hotel, Sofitel on Sukhumvit.  Google hotels on Sukhumvit and you'll get many, just look for 4 star up.

If you arrive in the afternoon, just get a taxi and look around and walk in ....  I always tend to get a good hotel from walk in off the street, as you see what you get and the location.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

If you arrive in the afternoon, just get a taxi and look around and walk in ....  I always tend to get a good hotel from walk in off the street, as you see what you get and the location.

Taxi surfing to check lodging on both sides of Sukhumvit? That should take a few hours.

Agree with getting some good, discounted rack rates as a solo, walk-in traveler but the OP will have the wife and kids... not the best option to be shooting from the hip with the tribe in tow.

8 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Taxi surfing to check lodging on both sides of Sukhumvit? That should take a few hours.

Agree with getting some good, discounted rack rates as a solo, walk-in traveler but the OP will have the wife and kids... not the best option to be shooting from the hip with the tribe in tow.

give them 1000 baht ... tell them go to MacDonalds them Terminal .....   he goes hotel hunting.

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I admit did not check them all but many that I did, including the first offer, only requires one room - it is clearly stated in the list as to what the bedding arrangement is.  This is shared bedding.  If you need everyone to have bed most would require two rooms (so perhaps that is what you are thinking?).

What I was thinking is that we used to stay in a large suite in the President Solitaire hotel for about 2,300 baht a night including breakfast.  That was a king bed and an extra bed for one of the kids.

I'm trying to find something exactly like this, if not then a large room with 2 double beds, or just something where the 4 of us can stay together in 1 room.

And it must have a decent outdoor pool as we all miss swimming in the sun after 2 years in the UK! :)

31 minutes ago, phetphet said:

There is a fairly now hotel Arte hotel on Soi 19 that has connecting rooms ( door between the two.)

I got a good price around 2,200 at the beginning of the year for one room.

Might be worth having a look as another option.

https://www.artehotelbangkok.com

And this is exactly why I asked on this forum!

Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I didn't know about that hotel and it hadn't shown up on any of my searches.  They have a 2x King bed family room which would be perfect. 

Unfortunately their website has a glitch so I've emailed them.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

Centerpoint Terminal 21 (stayed last Christmas to New Year

Novotel Siam Square (stayed over Songkran)

How old are your kids? I would not stay on Soi 11 with my family. 

We've stayed on Soi 11 and 13 nearly every time we holiday in Bangkok and also when each of the kids were born so we could be close to Bumrungrad hospital.

Some of my favourite restaurants are on Soi 11 and it's easy for the Skytrain and street food.  I'd welcome any other suggestions for places in Bangkok to stay with a family though. 

Thanks.

We've stayed on Soi 11 and 13 nearly every time we holiday in Bangkok and also when each of the kids were born so we could be close to Bumrungrad hospital.

Some of my favourite restaurants are on Soi 11 and it's easy for the Skytrain and street food.  I'd welcome any other suggestions for places in Bangkok to stay with a family though. 

Thanks.

I stay at Novotel Ploenchit when going to the hospital. It's closer to Bum, next to the BTS and walking distance to Soi 11 when I'm in the mood for Indian.

They also have a great crab buffet that's 2 for one if you book online.

I don't mind Soi 11, I stayed at the Soi 11 Holiday Inn Express last week with three coworkers from Gurgaon last week. Jut not an area I want to walk around with my wife and kid

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 2 months later...
Frazer suites is OK, 2 rooms with kitchen, nice pool/sun lounge half way up the tower. :stoner:

I might try that next time I go to the hospital.

I've been staying at the Holiday Inn Suk 22, which is okay, good parking and takes kids. I most always get upgraded to a suite with my IHG status.

Sofitel Suk Very nice indeed.
Accor hotels are child friendly and often offer second room at 50%

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah it was better than I could've hoped for and the location was even better than Inwas planning for when I was trying to stay on Soi 11 again.

We got a prestige suite which was pretty big. For me the best part was the 2 hours complimentary snacks and drinks every evening at the Club Milesime. Probably the best mojitos I've ever had!

Will probably try and stay here every time we come back now.

Archived