Ruamchok Supermarket Grand Opening

Trujillo

14 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Had breakfast last weekend at the restaurant inside the supermarket. Good omelette, great coffee. Meat was so-so, but I'm not a big meat eater anyway, so next time I'll ask them to replace the meat with more of the salad they include which was nice.

The product choices are getting better.

T

They also now have a pick your own lettuce corner .B25 a head .Plants still in the Hydroponic trays .You can not get fresher than that .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, anto said:

They also now have a pick your own lettuce corner .B25 a head .Plants still in the Hydroponic trays .You can not get fresher than that .

You can buy 1 Kg. of hydroponic lettuce (4 different varieties available) for 80 Baht only 5 minutes away. Right near Sausage King.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

You can buy 1 Kg. of hydroponic lettuce (4 different varieties available) for 80 Baht only 5 minutes away. Right near Sausage King.

I know that place ,but for most people it would be hard to find and a bit out of the way .

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 11:48 AM, anto said:

This new Ruamchok Supermarket has some bargains ,so i am now a regular visitor .The have nice tomatoes on the vine for B55 a kilo .Clean washed large potatoes for B34 a kilo ,English breakfast style tea for B179 a 100 T.bag .

They are building a new Coffee bar inside ,and a lot of the empty space before is now a eating area .

Tesco has their own brand tea bags, 80 bags for 90 THB, made by Typhoo for them.

The supermarket at Ruamchok, is having another go at a Grand opening on 5th August, 

they need some lost leaders to make an impact.

regards worgeordie

• 11 months later...

So...... it is a year later.  I enjoy shopping at Ruamchok.  It is a welcome change from the same old same old Tesco/Big C, boring Tops and predictable Rimping.  It's never crowded, they stock interesting products, staff are very helpful, parking is easy and the fresh market at the back is great.  

Shopped there again this morning.  There are bargains to be had now. They are discounting 10-50% off all stock.  The reason for this is that 'we are preparing to welcome Tops'.  I am a bit disappointed as I am not a huge fan of Tops.  The Airport Plaza branch, for example, is not even worth going to unless you are in the market for overpriced crispy pork skin and dried durian.

BTW..... for Starbucks lovers ----  A big banner at the entrance is advertising "Starbucks Drive Thru coming soon".  

4 hours ago, ChiangMai101 said:

So...... it is a year later.  I enjoy shopping at Ruamchok.  It is a welcome change from the same old same old Tesco/Big C, boring Tops and predictable Rimping.  It's never crowded, they stock interesting products, staff are very helpful, parking is easy and the fresh market at the back is great.  

Shopped there again this morning.  There are bargains to be had now. They are discounting 10-50% off all stock.  The reason for this is that 'we are preparing to welcome Tops'.  I am a bit disappointed as I am not a huge fan of Tops.  The Airport Plaza branch, for example, is not even worth going to unless you are in the market for overpriced crispy pork skin and dried durian.

BTW..... for Starbucks lovers ----  A big banner at the entrance is advertising "Starbucks Drive Thru coming soon".  

No deals left at all. Only some items that nobody wants at -10-20% remain. The wife was tipped off about it as the real sale was offered to insiders. She got there a day late, all the good cheeses and everything gone. Tops to open soon.

• Like 1

I tried the all-you-can-eat section that used to be the food court. Some interesting dishes, but most that are supposed to be eaten hot are stone cold. 

The khao soi station was very tasty and one of the few that was heated. Not sure about chopping up a chicken into bits, though -- necks and bone fragments abound. 

Still, for 159 baht, it's not bad. 

You only have to look at the location of that S'bucks drive through to see it will cause a disaster for traffic on what is already a nightmare section of road in the evening. It is adjacent to the already narrow and congested mall entrance from the 1001. So not only will we have a line of slow moving cars entering the mall but there will be a stop start line going into the S'bucks and then trying to merge with the traffic going into the car park. And fek knows what will happen when a car wants to leave the drive-thru and cut across the incoming traffic to reach the exit. 

It's true they do have "Sale" signs on certain product shelves that say TOPS. 

I was in there the other day and some of the produce was way off...ears of corn, or instance, that were dedicated and mould starting to grow on one end. Apparently, no one checks this stuff. Not good. 

On 6/18/2017 at 8:55 AM, Thakkar said:

I once saw an item at another supermarket, one for 44 and "promotion" price if you buy two: 93

I guess they were "promoting" math 

T

Unfortunately  this is not unusual in Thailand

19 hours ago, brommers said:

You only have to look at the location of that S'bucks drive through to see it will cause a disaster for traffic on what is already a nightmare section of road in the evening. It is adjacent to the already narrow and congested mall entrance from the 1001. So not only will we have a line of slow moving cars entering the mall but there will be a stop start line going into the S'bucks and then trying to merge with the traffic going into the car park. And fek knows what will happen when a car wants to leave the drive-thru and cut across the incoming traffic to reach the exit. 

The parking in front of the fresh market is the real bottle-neck around there, even though they ban parking at peak hours it is a nightmare just about any time of day. Not so concerned about Starbucks in comparison, besides, they're on the wrong side of the road - people driving to work in the morning will only be able to stop there if they also want to deal with a couple u-turns in heavy traffic, which will easily add another 10~20 minutes to their commute. Driving home they could easily stop there, but who buys coffee on the way home?