Three beloved Thai landmarks land on TripAdvisor’s list of Asia’s top sites

Three beloved Thai landmarks land on TripAdvisor’s list of Asia’s top sites

By Coconuts Bangkok

84651.JPG

Photo: TripAdvisor

TripAdvisor has just released their list of readers’ Top 25 sites to see in Asia and three of Thailand’s landmarks have earned prestigious places on the list.

The sites that made the 2017 Travelers’ Choice list are: Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha) in fourth place, the Grand Palace in ninth place, and Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) in 14th place.

The rankings were gathered over 12 months using a combination of the quality and quantity of the places reviewed.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/three-beloved-thai-landmarks-land-tripadvisors-list-asias-top-sites/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-5-29

Interesting to note all those sites operate a dual pricing policy for foreigners and Thais.

I was in Bangkok a couple of years ago and if I recall correctly both temples let me for the local price - wife explained we lived in Chiang Rai..

Doesn't excuse dual pricing mind you.

I think we should get a petition together to force the British Government to introduce the same sort of prices to to cover Thai visitors, so Stonehenge would be £150.00,  UK Nat £15.00.

But we cannot do that can we as we here in the civilised country have laws and doing that would be Racial Discrimination.

At £15.00 you only see a few now and again and mainly with there UK husbands.

Just money grabbing by

3rd world bigots.

Edited by wakeupplease

20 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

I think we should get a petition together to force the British Government to introduce the same sort of prices to to cover Thai visitors, so Stonehenge would be £150.00,  UK Nat £15.00.

But we cannot do that can we as we here in the civilised country have laws and doing that would be Racial Discrimination.

Just money grabbing by

3rd world bigots.

I think you'll find that Stonehenge, Tower of London and other well known tourist attractions are a bit more than 15 quid, IIRC both of the aforementioned were about 25 quid each when I took the Mrs to England in 2014. That was an extremely expensive month.

But I agree with you, make the fees extortionate but just for Thais, pretty sure the feedback to the TAT would soon sink in. I refuse to visit and pay over the odds for any Thai attraction.

On 5/29/2017 at 6:48 PM, wakeupplease said:

Just money grabbing by

3rd world bigots.

No we don't have to lower our own countries to their level. Next thing you know we would keep the money and not use proceeds for maintenance, conservation or even basic disposal of rubbish. There is no way we need to become more Thai in the west.

Just now, 11223344 said:

Over two years in Thailand and I still haven't had the time to visit any of these.

Now don't tell me I can't get another tourist visa! Too much to do, and see!

It begs the question of what exactly have you been doing here in the past two years?