30% Deposit How Will Affect House/condo Selling And Buying?

It is my understanding that real property transactions are fine, there are threads on this that came out about two days after black Tuesday. I believe it was a post by george who quoted news from the website property report .com

Property funds however are still subject to this restriction, because the overlords dont seem to understand what a property fund is or why its used. Its not as if anyone buys REITs (for that is what they are) for short term plays.

It is my understanding that real property transactions are fine, there are threads on this that came out about two days after black Tuesday. I believe it was a post by george who quoted news from the website property report .com

Property funds however are still subject to this restriction, because the overlords dont seem to understand what a property fund is or why its used. Its not as if anyone buys REITs (for that is what they are) for short term plays.

Actually their stability makes them a perfect place to park funds for a short-term play on the baht. You reduce the risk of the holding instrument losing value itself, making it a pure baht spec. To say nothing of the fact that large inflows would probaly drive the price up making it a double play.

Edited by thaihome