Extension route from Bang Sue to Taopoon becomes operational in August

webfact

Extension route from Bang Sue to Taopoon becomes operational in August

29050011.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The extension route connecting the Bang Sue station of the underground train and Taopoon station of the Purple Line from Bang Sue to Bang Yai is expected to become operational in August.

Mr Chirut Visarnchit, spokesman of Transport Ministry said that the construction of the extension route was in progress with 74.77 percent of the works already completed.

These include: signaling system, 73.76 percent completed; communication system, 55.31 percent completed; power supply system, automatic fare collection system, 100 percent completed.

The test of the systems will be conducted in June.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/extension-route-bang-sue-taopoon-becomes-operational-august/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-05-30

Does anyone know where this new station at Bang Sue is ?  distance from MRT...

At moment the very long walk from MRT to get the shuttle bus is a killer for me.. have done it only twice takes me hobbling along on sticks 1 hr...  makes the whole thing longer than driving myself and very painful with that long walk.. 

On 5/30/2017 at 5:15 PM, leftorright said:

Does anyone know how this will work out in the end? Will Purple Line trains run till Bang Sue, will MRT trains run till Tao Poon, or will there be new 'missing link trains' shuttling between Bang Sue and Tao Poon?

They are two completely different lines which interchange at Tao Poon station.  The Blue line runs W-E and the Purple LIne N-S above it. 

Check post #560 on page 28 in this thread for a clear view. See maps on page 26 for an overall view of the proposed network

3 hours ago, Lakegeneve said:

They are two completely different lines which interchange at Tao Poon station.  The Blue line runs W-E and the Purple LIne N-S above it. 

Check post #560 on page 28 in this thread for a clear view. See maps on page 26 for an overall view of the proposed network

This reply is confusing...  ??   both myself and the poster before me was asking about the 'link'  from the Metro ending at 'Ban Sue' to the Purple line starting at 'Tao Poon'.... on test this month open for paying customers in August .. that is in 2 months time....

2 months ago on my Hospital visit got off at 'Mo Chit' much easier to get to 'Tao Poon' via Taxi

13 hours ago, ignis said:

This reply is confusing...  ??   both myself and the poster before me was asking about the 'link'  from the Metro ending at 'Ban Sue' to the Purple line starting at 'Tao Poon'.... on test this month open for paying customers in August .. that is in 2 months time....

2 months ago on my Hospital visit got off at 'Mo Chit' much easier to get to 'Tao Poon' via Taxi

From the maps provided by Lakegeneve on the other thread I understand that the 'missing link' will be provided for by an extension of the MRT/Blue line westward from Ban Sue, meaning that it will be MRT/Blue line trains reaching Tao Poon, and not Purple line trains reaching Ban Sue or a special 'missing link shuttle service'. LG, please correct if I'm wrong.

That is indeed how it will work, just stay on the train at Bang Sue and you will arrive at Tao Poon.

Get off and go up the escalator to the Purple Line, no need to exit and re-enter, the AFC will know all about your journey.

By the way, both existing Blue Line and new Purple Line cards work on both lines and operate the Purple Line Park and Ride too.

35 minutes ago, Crossy said:

That is indeed how it will work, just stay on the train at Bang Sue and you will arrive at Tao Poon.

Get off and go up the escalator to the Purple Line, no need to exit and re-enter, the AFC will know all about your journey.

By the way, both existing Blue Line and new Purple Line cards work on both lines and operate the Purple Line Park and Ride too.

Many thanks,  June 20th will do the taxi again from Mo Chit, but all being well the day at the Hospital end of September will try this 

• 1 month later...