Movie director charged with rape after sick casting in Bangkok

webfact

Movie director charged with rape after sick casting in Bangkok

9.jpg

PIcture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- A movie director is now in custody on charges of rape and molestation after he held a casting session for teen girls at a Nonthaburi house.

Suradech "Ek" Luangsaeng, 38, has been jailed after parents of two girls aged 15 and 16 went to Pak Kret police to say what happened to their daughters.

The suspect has denied rape saying the girls agreed. He said that he told the teens that they had to be prepared to "do all sorts of scenes in the movies and it was only acting".

Police, however, have charged him with rape, molestation of a girl aged between 15 and not yet 18 and taking the same age of child from parents with the intention of molestation.

The parents of the girls, named only as "A" and "B" said they went with their children to meet the director at his house in Soi Wat Koo in Pak Kret district of Bangkok on Saturday.

Several other aspiring movie hopefuls were downstairs while the director called the potential actors and actresses upstairs to a bedroom for a "fitting" and some "acting lessons". Each person went up separately, reported Thai Rath.

"A" went up first and was ordered to undress. It is alleged that Suradech groped her but when he saw that she was having her period he sent he back downstairs and called for "B" to be sent up.

"B" went upstairs and was similarly told to remove all her clothing. She was then raped twice, it is claimed.

She was then allowed to go downstairs as if nothing untoward had happened.

But the girls soon told their parents about their encounters and Suradech was arrested.

He told police that what happened was true but the girls consented. He allegedly told police that he had said that he told the girls they might have to do love scenes or sex scenes in the movies. It was only acting.

The girls were sent to Chollaprathan Hospital in Pak Kret for rape tests.

Suradech said he was making a comedy film called "Mon Loves Tung Kula" in aid of an appeal to build a stupa at a Roi Et temple.

Thai Rath said he hung his head in shame as he was led to the cells at Nonthaburi court.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-05-30

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

The suspect has denied rape saying the girls agreed. He said that he told the teens that they had to be prepared to "do all sorts of scenes in the movies and it was only acting".

Scum

Movie director? Nothing about him in the Net. I'd like to know about his "long" resume of film direction and awards received...if any.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Hate to say it but some of the blame lays with the parents. Did they never warn their daughters about rape ? Why would they remove their clothes for a complete stranger ? Why were the parents so trusting ? Why allow a teenage girl to be alone with a stranger ?

The rapist should suffer a suitable punishment.. Hopefully others will learn from these naive (and possibly greedy) parents before exposing their daughters to similar risk..

I know this is Thailand but I am still a little bit stunned this sick perv, thought he would get away with it.

If he isn't beaten to death first, which I would prefer, he can run the prison drama school for the next 30 years, and I hope he gets raped regularly himself.

6 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Oh Robo I feel so sorry for you

Every time your brain fails to come up to a realistic answer to a comment by anyone here on TV you resort to slagging people off, like the other day you said I was on drugs and could I supply you with some, said that many time to others and myself on here.

May I remind you of the CCA as you have said enough to take that route already.

You are a 40 something going on 16 act your age and not your shoe size.

Had to go back home Ho Ho Ho, at least I can.

Little boys and their toys. My god two comments so far and not a sign of YL or Captain Sensible as yet.

Hey give it a rest and treat yourself and TV to a nice day.

Just showing people what a strange guy you are.. you see one incident in Thailand about a movie director misusing his status and call Thailand hub of liars while a far larger case of TV figures who abused kids has plagued your own country.  Not slagging off anyone just showing that your a bit bias / hypocrite. 

I have yet to see you say anything nice about Thailand.

What this guy did was repulsive.. but it is not a Thai thing or Thai related like you make it out to be.

53 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

But those idiots got what they deserved well one did and they did not go round telling people they where movie directors did they.

Both where stars and played the field as a magnet to woman

This dreamed up the scam just to get a leg over.

You go and have a lie down and have a nice day by saying something useful for a change.

umm "magnet to woman"

yeah. perhaps do your research.

1 hour ago, DekDaeng said:

"making a comedy film called "Mon Loves Tung Kula" in aid of an appeal to build a stupa at a Roi Et temple."

but it was for a temple - surely that makes it all right?

;-(

Only if they hang him by his <deleted> from it.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

There is no proof of him getting away with it at this point no corruption at all, no need to point that out here. The guy should get a life sentence I agree. The guys is caught.. processed.. nothing wrong with it at all. Seems to be going well.. why bash Thais over it. 

Your funny at times.. you call it Brit bashing while you do exactly the same with Thais and tell me not to ever say anything bad because of the war. Its just crazy reasoning. Its not bashing at all when you try to put down a whole country of people based on an incident. I don't see this happening all the time. I would not call it bashing.. its bashing if its untrue. I will keep pointing you at the facts if you generalize too much putting all Thais down. 

There are plenty of things you can comment about but this was just not one of them. If this was happening all the time then sure but it is not. Talk bad about the driving, junta whatever.. all valid. This was just not valid just a nasty bash. 

There are plenty of things you can comment about but this was just not one of them

Yes it is as it was a preconceived outright lie saying he was a film director. so he is a liar is he not, corruption and getting away with it was pointed out in other events, please read what was written.

Give YL and Captain Sensible a rest then, try doing what you tell others to do yourself first if you can.

Edited by wakeupplease

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Just showing people what a strange guy you are.. you see one incident in Thailand about a movie director misusing his status and call Thailand hub of liars while a far larger case of TV figures who abused kids has plagued your own country.  Not slagging off anyone just showing that your a bit bias / hypocrite. 

I have yet to see you say anything nice about Thailand.

What this guy did was repulsive.. but it is not a Thai thing or Thai related like you make it out to be.

He's hardly part of a small club is he?

You could lay that accusation at many on here unfortunately.

15 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Hate to say it but some of the blame lays with the parents. Did they never warn their daughters about rape ? Why would they remove their clothes for a complete stranger ? Why were the parents so trusting ? Why allow a teenage girl to be alone with a stranger ?

The rapist should suffer a suitable punishment.. Hopefully others will learn from these naive (and possibly greedy) parents before exposing their daughters to similar risk..

Thai people are extremely submissive to authorities. The scum was their potential boss. He was also much older than the girls.

Also I bet the girls really really wanted to become movie stars...

One wonders how much due diligence the parents engaged in, before allowing their daughters to be in a room alone with a total, and complete stranger, at that young age. Who is to blame here? A lot of parents in Thailand are far more guilty than they would admit, when it comes to complicity in marketing their daughters. I for one would have done some research about this guy first, before bringing my daughter to him. IMBD. And other resources are available if one wants to make the effort, and not just drink the Kool-Aid of fame and fortune. 

I am not exonerating this pond scum. Taking advantage of underage girls in this fashion, or any woman, is inexcusable. I hope he goes to prison for life, and makes some very good and close friends there, who will show him the same kind of treatment, and really go out of their way to make him feel at home. 

Edited by spidermike007

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

One wonders how much due diligence the parents engaged in, before allowing their daughters to be in a room alone with a total, and complete stranger, at that young age. Who is to blame here? A lot of parents in Thailand are far more guilty than they would admit, when it comes to complicity in marketing their daughters. I for one would have done some research about this guy first, before bringing my daughter to him. IMBD. And other resources are available if one wants to make the effort, and not just drink the Kool-Aid of fame and fortune. 

I am not exonerating this pond scum. Taking advantage of underage girls in this fashion, or any woman, is inexcusable. I hope he goes to prison for life, and makes some very good and close friends there, who will show him to the same kind of treatment. 

Well, yes indeed...but that problem is well and truly universal. Decades of stories in the west about parents proffering their kids up in what reasonable people would view as highly dangerous situations. Maybe the difference if the degree of naivety/ignorance involved here ( but , awful though it is, it's preferable to the way some western parents knowingly put kids at risk).