Getting SETV Phnom Pnh

Hope this info might be of use to anyone deciding where to go fetch a tourist visa the next time. Thought I would be free from visa trips for awhile until the school I will go to delayed my course (non language) for 6 months. So I'll need to get another SETV which I will probably do in Laos next week.

However, since I have something to do in Phnom Penh this week I popped into the agency next to Silver River hotel to ask about what they need for an SETV application since I may decide to get my next one here in 2 months. I remember a person awhile back posted here and said they got an SETV from this agency with just a passport and a photo. 

Well it seems to be no more. They told me that it is 100% sure the embassy will need to see an onward flight and bank statement. For the bank statement he said it can just be a single page printout of the main page of online banking where a current account balance would show.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if it is ok to white-out all but the last 3 or 4 numbers of the current account # itself on the copy given to the embassy? And if you were a person who has more than one account service showing on your online banking main page, then if it's no problem to white-out (maybe in full) the other non-relevent numbers as well? For example - a credit card number. I'm not really wanting to hand over a page with my full current account and credit card numbers to the embassy but I dont mind letting them see the balance in the current acct.

They also told me that even for extra money, 1 day turn around for getting your passport back is impossible. They can get your passport back in 2 days if u pay extra or else 3 days is the normal wait time.

This is just the info I was told at this particular place anyway. I couldn't be bothered to go over to lucky motorcycle and see if their SETV service was different or not.

The requirements, when using an agency, vary a bit according to the agency used, and your previous visa history. When financial proof is required, almost anything that cannot be easily faked will be accepted. Even an ATM slip, combined with an old statement showing it is your account seems to be OK. A few agencies can get you a visa late afternoon the next day, but it is expensive.

Just done a 90 day SETV at the Thai Embassy Phnom Penh.  They required an onward ticket out of LOS before they would grant a visa.

Also cost $40 (non-refundable if not granted)

However also did a 90 day SETV in Kuala Lumpur - no charge and no onward ticket required.

Hope this helps.

30 minutes ago, Nurseynutcase said:

Just done a 90 day SETV at the Thai Embassy Phnom Penh.  They required an onward ticket out of LOS before they would grant a visa.

Also cost $40 (non-refundable if not granted)

However also did a 90 day SETV in Kuala Lumpur - no charge and no onward ticket required.

Hope this helps.

Did you get it from the embassy yourself or use an agent?

I do not understand what you mean by a 30 day SETV.

SETV  visas are for 60 days when issued, and may be extended for another 30 days at immigration in Thailand.

Often on receiving a SETV it is stamped that it must be used within 90 days from the date it was issued.

Thus  an SETV may be good for 60  plus 30 or a 90 day stay.

I do not use agents, I do my SETV from the Thai consulate/embassy directly.

I usually then pay the 1900 Baht fee at immigration in Thailand and get a 90 day total stay from that visa.

??  no one said anything about a 30 day setv>( another  miss type?)

your finding it  hard now to follow threads i see

""" the 60 day visa is $40 valid for 60 day stay

the 30 day extension is 1,900 baht   ( apx $55)

so ur 90 day stay costs ya $95