Tooth extraction under sedation

smiffyb36

Just now, sinbin said:

I asked for this where I live and was told 'no longer do in Thailand'  .

Definitely can, at BPH anyway, as I was quoted and had the procedures explained. Two types, one where you are asleep, the other when you aren't asleep but have no awareness of what's happening and will have no memory of it (I had this type in the UK a few years back).

18 minutes ago, smiffyb36 said:

Two types, one where you are asleep, the other when you aren't asleep but have no awareness of what's happening and will have no memory of it (I had this type in the UK a few years back).

Yer I had the 2nd type in Oz for a lot of dental work---it was fine & should be much cheaper as it doesn't require an Anaesthetist --its just a valium drip in the arm. I think its safer as you tend to wake if airway is blocked then drift off again----being completely put out would be relying on the girl with the suction to be spot on.

I find the dentists  are so good here (the women with tiny hands etc) just haven't needed to repeat it.

1 hour ago, smiffyb36 said:

I need to get a tooth extracted under sedation in Pattaya,

Are you sure? I have very sensitive teeth and gums and the extractions I have had have all been done with nothing more than local anaesthetic injections. I quite literally did not feel a single thing after the initial needle prick.

Can you say why you need sedation? A good dentist can extract a tooth without any pain or distress, and I have had several done in the past few years.

Understood if it is requiring actual surgery to do, but I had a wisdom tooth chiseled out under local, so don't let them try to get you to pay more than necessary.

Be aware that sedation should be done by a qualified person that can resuscitate you if it goes wrong, not some cowboy that only knows how to inject some drugs.

1 hour ago, smiffyb36 said:

Definitely can, at BPH anyway, as I was quoted and had the procedures explained. Two types, one where you are asleep, the other when you aren't asleep but have no awareness of what's happening and will have no memory of it (I had this type in the UK a few years back).

Hmmmm. I had the "second type" for surgery and could remember it after. Done by a very good anaethetist that I worked with. It was a great "buzz" though.

I have always had local in the UK and would want the same here, so happy to see KKs post. If you do opt for being out for the count, take someone with you and don't drive. You could get disorientated when you step outside and that is the last thing you want to be with Pattaya's traffic madness.

5 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Are you sure? I have very sensitive teeth and gums and the extractions I have had have all been done with nothing more than local anaesthetic injections. I quite literally did not feel a single thing after the initial needle prick.

No-one should be scared of one small prick.

Can only apologise for the judgemental.

I would echo the sentiment of, if going for General, hospital only. 

I recommend Phyathai Sri Racha in that respect. Dental department is on the third floor if I remember correctly.

They may even be able to offer you a suitable alternative to General, if appropriate.