New educational plan promises quality lifelong learning

webfact

New educational plan promises quality lifelong learning
By Chularat Saengpassa
The Nation

f18aae751d8acab80909f86466d706bc.jpeg

Asst Prof Anusorn Tamajai, a member of the Education Council’s committee on drawing up the national education strategy

BANGKOK: -- Lifelong learning is a main focus of the 20-year national education strategy that takes effect this year.

“We will develop education for people across all five age groups, in other words from their birth till their retirement years,” Kamol Rodklai, secretary-general of the Education Council, told a conference on Wednesday about the strategy in Phuket. 

The event was aimed at fostering understanding of the master plan that will be implemented over two decades. 

About 800 teachers attended, as well as representatives of local administrative organisations from 14 southern provinces. 

“With this strategy, we aim to ensure all Thais receive quality education throughout their life, a happy life based on the sufficiency economy philosophy, and skills of the 21st century,” he said. 

About 11 ministries and 53 educational agencies would help drive the implementation of this strategy. 

Asst Prof Anusorn Tamajai, a member of the Education Council’s committee on drawing up the national education strategy, said this plan had addressed the changing environment in the 21st century and would require teachers to instruct their students in not just about knowledge but also life. 

Asst Prof Narong Buddhichiwin, a former deputy chairman of the National Reform Council’s committee on educational reform, said a good educational plan could shape the country’s future. 

Mayor Somjai Suwansupana said Phuket City had arranged educational services based on the country’s new national education strategy. 

“We have had as partners education officials and local entrepreneurs,” she said. 

Educational services in her area have emphasises more on morality than pure competency. 

“But of course, we have striven to empower children and give them skills needed in jobs,” she said. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30316884

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-01

Really the 4.0 is really 0.4.....this type of so-called plan, just gives the questionable Educational administrators, more Baht...Start with student responsibility... ops, forgot...  The major of P tang city has school and business internships...

Edited by Rhys

"master plan" says  it  all. not  only that but by me a  vast amount of  new village speakers have been put up to "educate" us every  morning, they now cover EVERY  house EVERYWHERE whereas before they were almost never  turned on now its daily and coverage is 100%. Totally  unnecessary in todays  communicative world.

Sadly ones near me got "broken":thumbsup:

Reality =        “With this strategy, we aim to ensure all Thais receive quality brainwashing throughout their life"

Edited by kannot

It seems every week we hear of a new plan for education in Thailand, each with about as little chance of success as the previous one. Thai education will go nowhere while they are taught by rote, focus on Thai history alone, and do not teach kids to engage their mind on researching and solving problems. Kids here are told to not ask questions and accept what they are told, and that is why they leave school unable to think.

The perpetual leaders of these (self important) families  of LOS can not afford to have a more correct education system Because they know that as the common people become somewhat more educated then the people will realize that many others are thinking just like them about where their lives are going.The people then may start thinking as a group and oust these families that are controlling them.Hell with a somewhat proper elected government LOS could become an important part of Asia.Already with the better communications that people have today they are sharing ideas that becomes dangerous to the leaders of LOS. I lived here in the 1970s and 1980s when it was against the law to have a child's two way radio for fear that people could talk to each other outside of their area and learn what was truly happening in LOS.

“We will develop education for people across all five age groups, in other words from their birth till their retirement years,” Kamol Rodklai, secretary-general of the Education Council, told a conference on Wednesday about the strategy in Phuket. 

Life long learning should be for life, not until retirement.  In the USA, they build retirement communities near universities, so retirees can take classes and be active mentally and physically.  I didn't start university until I was 24, and I want intermittently until I eared a degree at 34.  There is no concept of that here, which is another big problem with the culture and system

When I read crap like this from Thai 'authorities', I despair.   These people only come up with these 'plans' to look busy, to look like they are actually doing something.  In reality, they are clueless and just sit around on their fat asses spending the taxpayers money.

This military junta is LONG past it's use by date.