BOI approves further support for investment projects

webfact

BOI approves further support for investment projects

PNOHT600601001015701.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 June 2017 (NNT) - The Board of Investment (BOI) has extended an investment support program for the border economic development zones to the end of 2018, while supporting digital infrastructure development in order to enhance internet service to the Thai people. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha chaired a meeting with the BOI, which approved an extension of the border economy development zones support program to encourage further investment activities in border areas, in line with the government's policy on border industrial zones. Under the extension, businesses can reapply for further investment support until the end of 2018. Support has also been expanded to businesses related to all forms of construction material, healthcare, and cosmetics. 

A total of 41 projects applied for investment support in special economic zones across 10 provinces from January 2015 to April 2017, valued at a total of 8.5 billion baht. 

The meeting also approved the establishment of digital infrastructure businesses in the zones to support the development of underwater cables that would enhance internet connectivity and approved support for logistics businesses for cargo ships and planes valued at over 12 billion baht.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-02

Where is the funding coming from? Does it include some of the already allocated spending such as the 8.5 billion baht the mad monk approved for police stations?

Internet money spent on ways to prevent illicit communications?

I am sitting here thinking why are my comments negative when I read articles like this. They really give no information on the how, why and what is actually to be done. On this basis it is hard not to be critical under current conditions.

" The meeting also approved the establishment of digital infrastructure businesses in the zones to support the development of underwater cables that would enhance internet connectivity..."

good because every time it rains in Hua Hin my internet goes out.

15 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Where is the funding coming from? Does it include some of the already allocated spending such as the 8.5 billion baht the mad monk approved for police stations?

Internet money spent on ways to prevent illicit communications?

I am sitting here thinking why are my comments negative when I read articles like this. They really give no information on the how, why and what is actually to be done. On this basis it is hard not to be critical under current conditions.

For many on here being critical of everything thai is as natural as breathing.

Govt's all over the developed world are involved in cover up ,  subterfuge etc etc.

The recent release of 1000's of pages of documents detailing tax criminals hiding their money with the full knowledge and understanding of govts typifies this.

Google, amazon et al paying a fraction of the tax other companies and worse individuals have to pay and all under the nose of compliant western governments 

But oh no this pithy little affair for some is meat and drink in their on going hatred of everything their host country has to offer.

No wonder so many thais look on us with disdain.

We move to their country, live like lords on our western wealth and in return for this many expats sneer and denigrate incessantly. Blatant disrespect shown to one'' s host.

Do you think the usa would let a pension age brit or aussie move there with no real savings or insurance? Try telling the yanks their country stinks and is rotten to the core while living there as a retiree.

Some people need to take a long hard look at what is really wrong in their life and stop blaming erroneous external factors 

Edited by Fulwell53