A year after Bill Gates' holiday snaps those cables are still hanging!

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now  if  Uncle  Bill  had  donated  the   content  of  his  wallet  on the  day  of  criticism perhaps  the   view  would  be  be  better.

But   no.

Who is  cheaper  ?

Money  for   jam.

No  money  for  spread.

Ah !  The  humanity  that   abounds  in  critical  comment for  what  offends  thee.

7 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"He said the situation had got like it is today due to cost cutting. If all the cables were not lumped together costs would be higher and there would be a need for many more posts to hold them up."

The posts already in situ are struggling to hold the cables up.  Everywhere, there are posts leaning towards the road.  I pass at least 3 every day, and have noticed over the past year that the degree of lean has increased.  One post in particular, causes the traffic to vere towards the middle of the road so as to avoid hitting it.  But, like everything else, nothing will be done until it falls down, possibly killing somebody at the same time.  Just reminds me, "Life is cheap in Thailand", nobody gives a ****!

and what have you done about it?....apart from whine on TVF....no thought about calling PEA and reporting ?

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Now I understand why every time it pisses with rain my TV, internet etc etc cuts out !

4th world Thailand

Suspect you have a satellite connection to everything.....yes heavy rain/cloud will cause problems. Rain doesn't affect cable  communication unless there's a very poor connection in the network somewhere.

Generally speaking 4th world Thailand (your words) internet is faster and more reliable than 1st world Australia.

3 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

Again Thailand pretending to move  above the level of a third world country with promises promises and going no where. On the other side of the Thai coined tossed in the wind, Which is where I farted. We will arrest Red Bull heir as stated by the all encompassing corrupt govt. mmmmm Oh! Red Bull heir should be Prime Minister at least he has the money to please the populace that cables will be appropriatly discarded above ground. I say Vote Red Bull heir. the cop killer, as leader. Why not? The rest of authority is just as bad anyway and as useless!

Give it time and you will understand how things work in Thailand. 

9 hours ago, Tilacme said:

What BG was originally saying is that people were stealing electricity and the authorities need to stop it, which of course was a metaphor for people using pirated copies of Windows here. 

Exactly, the article says: Bill Gates embarrassed the country with his observations about Thailand's infamous hanging wires. ...but in reality Bill only embarrassed himself when he wrongly stated:

LIVE WIRES

Due to faulty infrastructure, many urban areas suffer from frequent blackouts and power cuts, and the electrical grid often doesn’t serve the people who need it most.

I’ve visited many cities filled with tangled wires such as those in this photo from Thailand, where people have illegally tapped into the grid on their own to get the power they need—at great personal risk.

With this pic:

13501795_10153681250986961_6661441712455

...just another over privileged falang confused as to why Thailand isn't like back home.

Edited by onthesoi

9 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Now imagine what it looks like in a Chinese submarine after one year in Thai possession 

I bet the reason there are no aircraft in that carrier is too many arrestor cables strung across the deck during upgrade commissioning work.  It is easier than putting them away tidily and TIT 

Edited by The Deerhunter

"Prayut ordered the speeding up of projects to bury the cables and restore a semblance of order and beauty to the streets."  My italics.

Par for the course here - talk about it but never do anything! :post-4641-1156693976:

AKA, big noting? :whistling:

When it has no effect on the high and mighty in society, no need to change. 

'The mood and personalities of people with Alzheimer's can change. They can become confused, suspicious, depressed, fearful or anxious. They may be easily upset at home, at work, with friends or in places where they are out of their comfort zone.' General may be getting touch of this. Very suspicious of reporters. Gets upset at work. No one can ask retrospective or challenging questions.

He has trouble understanding something if it is not happening immediately. Sometimes they may forget where they are or how they got there, as the Prime Minister?

Do you think this may be happening to the General?

Watch them string new cables when there is a new resident on my soi. They never remove the old obsolete cables. Just add more. Not a wonder there are so many cables and i bet the telephone cables are still up there that no one uses anymore. Easy fix would be remove all the cables and rewire the street. Yes you would be with out you internet and cable for a few days. Well you still access the net on your phone. .just no wifi. 

Iirc there was a huge budget to change the cabling. So now a year later nothing is done...well it seems they better ask some help from a developed nation. 

When starting all over it's best to follow a system which will be used all over the country. 

Iirc there was a huge budget to change the cabling. So now a year later nothing is done...well it seems they better ask some help from a developed nation. 

When starting all over it's best to follow a system which will be used all over the country. 

Perhaps someone could start by lookug at what has happened to the huge budget?
.Silly idea I know...

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that and high voltage cables are only very high up and on the lower reaches are cables that represent no danger to the public.

220 volts is enough to kill you. How can that be "no danger"?

8 minutes ago, JAG said:

Perhaps someone could start by lookug at what has happened to the huge budget?
.Silly idea I know...

There never was a "budget" just sounded good for the happiness of Thai peoples :shock1:  :post-4641-1156693976:

There is a lot of face to be gained by making warm and fuzzy statements all the time and then bury your head in the sand because you do not want to know the outcome or need to follow up!

38 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

he is an american ; in the usa, a lot of these cables are underground

Only in the major cities of the US.  Everywhere else looks more like Thailand than Germany where they are indeed buried.

19 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Now imagine what it looks like in a Chinese submarine after one year in Thai possession 

I saw one of their military trucks where the steering linkage was held together with an old fan belt once.

12 hours ago, tryasimight said:

and what have you done about it?....apart from whine on TVF....no thought about calling PEA and reporting ?

PEA have already been there.  I drove around their van on one occasion; that was about 3 months ago.

tryasyoumight, I don't think you are suited to TV.