New Nissan X-Trail hybrid

Have been looking at new SUV's and the X-Trail looks very nice. So any reviews or comments would be appreciated.

I am most interested in what people think about the new 'hybrid' engine of the X Trail---seems to be an excellent fit and great mileage, but have heard the hybrid may sometimes have a small lag when moving away or planting the foot to pass etc.

Any and all comments/reviews welcome. thank you

On 6/3/2017 at 9:32 AM, transam said:

Sounds an honest review...

Yes indeed it does.

Hopefully someone will go beyond temptation, buy one and post up a local review. A friend of mine has it on his short-list for a new ride.

My only experience with a hybrid was an almost new Honda Accord that I got from Avis at Suvarnabhumi last year. Took a couple of days for the penny to drop that this was truly a hybrid (and nothing like a Prius) and get used to the different modes without referring to the owners manual. I ended up extending the rental and can't say I noticed any lag or hesitation when it seamlessly switched modes. Mostly town and urban driving around Pattaya (Soi 6 and the dark side) but belted it down and up Highway 7 at either end and thought it was very, very nice.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes indeed it does.

Hopefully someone will go beyond temptation, buy one and post up a local review. A friend of mine has it on his short-list for a new ride.

My only experience with a hybrid was an almost new Honda Accord that I got from Avis at Suvarnabhumi last year. Took a couple of days for the penny to drop that this was truly a hybrid (and nothing like a Prius) and get used to the different modes without referring to the owners manual. I ended up extending the rental and can't say I noticed any lag or hesitation when it seamlessly switched modes. Mostly town and urban driving around Pattaya (Soi 6 and the dark side) but belted it down and up Highway 7 at either end and thought it was very, very nice.

2008 in UK I hired a Honda something hybrid, it was excellent, except the windscreen that was huge and in your face....

1 hour ago, TGIR said:

Go to YouTube and you will find all the motor vehicle comparisons, reviews etc. that  you might want.

Unless its a Thai Review. That consists of an intense study of Cup Holders,how it can accommodate Baby Seats easily, in fact everything  you don't give a rats ass about.:smile:

I had a test drive of the X Trail Hybrid AWD and the Mazda CX5 Diesel AWD. The X trail was very comfortable and the price was very keen. The main let down for me was the very light steering. The CX5 felt a lot quicker and the handling was spot on although it was a bit more expensive. Out of the 2 I would choose the Mazda but wait for the new model coming out at the end of the year. The recent reviews of the Honda CRV also mention light steering and comfortable handling. I guess it depends if you want a spirited drive or if you are more of a simply getting from A to B  kind of person. In the end I went for a Ford Everest as I wanted more ground clearance for flooding.

Archived