Honest Thai teens help Myanmar worker get find cash he dropped near ATM machine

rooster59

Honest Thai teens help Myanmar worker get find cash he dropped near ATM machine

By The Nation

A Myanmar worker was lucky to get back his money after dropping currency notes worth Bt41,000 in front of an ATM machine in Chachoengsao province on Friday. 

Pol Captain Banthit Supkong, the deputy investigative inspector of Chachoengsao Muang Police Station, was alerted at 8.30pm that a lot of banknotes were found on the ground in front of an ATM machine of the Siam City Bank’s Muang district branch.

The cash was found by two teenage boys and three teenage girls who waited until the police officer arrived to take custody of the banknotes.

Khon Kaen province native Kornwit Promtakai, 18, said he and his friends were visiting Chachoengsao for the first time and they were walking past the ATM machine to have dinner when they spotted the cash.

Close to 9pm, a Myanmar worker, Min Nyi Naing, 32, came to the ATM machine to look for the money. He met a patrol police officer who was waiting there in case the cash owner returned.

The Myanmar man said he worked in Bangkok and had come to Chachoengsao to visit a friend. He said he may have dropped the money while putting it in his wallet.

Police asked him the man to show them the ATM withdrawal slip but he said he had not taken it. However, the man showed police an SMS alert from the bank to prove that he had withdrawn the money at 8.12pm.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30317112

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-03

46 minutes ago, halloween said:

I don't think I've ever dropped a B1000 note while putting it in my wallet, let alone 41. if I had, I think I may have noticed. OTOH, I can only get B20,000 from an ATM.

I have dropped money several times and it has always been returned to me. Having said that twice I have lost my wallet and that never came back though one time my Thai driving licences did.

I know that you can only draw 20,000 baht at one time but the bank gives a daily limit of 50,000, at least for me, so I can actually use the ATM 3 times a day assuming there is money in the account.

Nice story with a happy ending...

Must have really board the pants off the Thai knockers.

41K is a hell of a lot of money, sensible line of of questioning to determine if he was the real owner.

Hope the teens were rewarded.

18 hours ago, Basil B said:

Nice story with a happy ending...

Must have really board the pants off the Thai knockers.

41K is a hell of a lot of money, sensible line of of questioning to determine if he was the real owner.

Hope the teens were rewarded.

Great post and extremely well said.

The knockers will be seething