Phuket residents get free bulk waste collection service, in Kathu at least

rooster59

Phuket residents get free bulk waste collection service, in Kathu at least 

The Phuket News

1496466932_1-org.jpg

The scheme has been rolled out in Kathu Municipality. Photo: Kathu Municipality

PHUKET: Kathu Municipality yesterday (June 2) announced that they have launched a free collection service to pick up unwanted furniture, scrap materials or any other large rubbish from all homes within the municipality area.

Officials from Kathu Municipality confirmed that any construction waste, bulk waste (sofas, beds etc.), green waste (tree branches etc.), foam, or similar waste will be retrieved by the trucks free of charge so that the waste is disposed of in the correct manner.

The service aims to help maintain order and cleanliness to the district, Kathu Municipality explained.

For more information, call 076 323 856.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-residents-get-free-bulk-waste-collection-service-in-kathu-at-least-62434.php#V2so4QfXQAEovGjs.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-06-03

There is a very real need for this in our area (around Loch Palms). A huge and growing dump is at the junction of our soi and the main road going by the Loch Pams Golf course wall. Will be getting on the phone Monday morning.

11 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

There is a very real need for this in our area (around Loch Palms). A huge and growing dump is at the junction of our soi and the main road going by the Loch Pams Golf course wall. Will be getting on the phone Monday morning.

Good luck.  Please report back.

It only costs 480 baht a year in Rawai to have a weekly rubbish collection at your home and the same service was always available in Kathu for around the same price, lots of people will not pay for this service and prefer to use the rubbish bins of people who do pay for this service or just dump it on the street until they get caught doing it 

They need to introduce substantial fines with a provision  that you have to do public street cleaning if the fine is not paid or prison time and confiscate the vehicles of people who use them to dump rubbish illegally

Some people probably think the fee charged is to much which is a joke in my opinion, its a much higher compulsory fee in most countries   

35 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

It only costs 480 baht a year in Rawai to have a weekly rubbish collection at your home and the same service was always available in Kathu for around the same price, lots of people will not pay for this service and prefer to use the rubbish bins of people who do pay for this service or just dump it on the street until they get caught doing it 

They need to introduce substantial fines with a provision  that you have to do public street cleaning if the fine is not paid or prison time and confiscate the vehicles of people who use them to dump rubbish illegally

Some people probably think the fee charged is to much which is a joke in my opinion, its a much higher compulsory fee in most countries   

I do not own property here, which I freely admit on this forum.

Why can't they add the 480 baht per year  to the property title taxes / fees / levies directed towards the property owner? 

Sure, the own can pass the fee onto their tenant, which is only 40 baht a month.  This would greatly reduce piles of rubbish scattered around the island, which promotes disease, odors, rodents etc. 

2 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

I do not own property here, which I freely admit on this forum.

Why can't they add the 480 baht per year  to the property title taxes / fees / levies directed towards the property owner? 

Sure, the own can pass the fee onto their tenant, which is only 40 baht a month.  This would greatly reduce piles of rubbish scattered around the island, which promotes disease, odors, rodents etc. 

My wife pays no fees, i think you have to own more than a Rai of land before you are taxed here

There are no water and sewerage annual fees either, unlike Australia where you are taxed for services that you have access to even if the land is vacant with no house on it 

12 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

My wife pays no fees, i think you have to own more than a Rai of land before you are taxed here

There are no water and sewerage annual fees either, unlike Australia where you are taxed for services that you have access to even if the land is vacant with no house on it 

Fact is that most Thais don't think about paying anything to the government. The Patong tesibaan have to come knocking on the door to get my wife to pay the rubbish collection fee of 250 baht/month.

It's paid on an annual basis. The gov supplied water is charged monthly on the meter.

We don't own anything close to a Rai so I doubt your more than a Rai comment is correct. At least not here in Patong, Kathu. 

Patong tesibaan have talked for the last couple of years about an addition fee for sewage treament, but so far no bill.

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Fact is that most Thais don't think about paying anything to the government. The Patong tesibaan have to come knocking on the door to get my wife to pay the rubbish collection fee of 250 baht/month.

It's paid on an annual basis. The gov supplied water is charged monthly on the meter.

We don't own anything close to a Rai so I doubt your more than a Rai comment is correct. At least not here in Patong, Kathu. 

Patong tesibaan have talked for the last couple of years about an addition fee for sewage treament, but so far no bill.

We and our neighbors all have private residences, most pay a annual fee of 480 baht for rubbish removal, if you do not the will not pick up your rubbish but you are not penalized for not paying because it is not compulsory to pay the fee  which is fair enough

That is the only annual fee we all pay and our monthly electricity and water bills

I read about the minimum of one rai land tax fee in a local newspaper and have not checked it out because we never receive a account for land tax as we have under a Rai

Your premises are a business so would have different rules and regulations for sure and would include a rubbish removal fee in their rules because you rent apartments/flats and have tenants who create more rubbish than a normal house does, you probably pay a different rate for your electricity supply to because of your business rating

As far as a fee for sewerage treatment is concerned you would only have to pay it if connected to a sewerage treatment system,are you?? 

Edited by madmax2

2 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

We and our neighbors all have private residences, most pay a annual fee of 480 baht for rubbish removal, if you do not the will not pick up your rubbish but you are not penalized for not paying because it is not compulsory to pay the fee  which is fair enough

That is the only annual fee we all pay and our monthly electricity and water bills

I read about the minimum of one rai land tax fee in a local newspaper and have not checked it out because we never receive a account for land tax as we have under a Rai

Your premises are a business so would have different rules and regulations for sure and would include a rubbish removal fee in their rules because you rent and have tenants who create more rubbish than a normal house does, you probably pay a different rate for your electricity supply to because of your business rating

As far as a fee for sewerage treatment is concerned you would only have to pay it if connected to a sewerage treatment system,are you?? 

Yes, you are correct that we operate rental homes.  But the 250 Baht/month applies to private properties, although I doubt many homes actually pay. We pay more than the 250 baht/month as we are a registered business.

No properties along Nanai Road in Patong are connected to any sort of sewage system. It all goes into the surface water drains. Other than the septic tanks where often the overflow makes its way into the surface water drains. As I stated so far it's only a 'proposal'  to cover the cost of the 'filter'  at the end of the klong on the right side of the bridge just past the Honda dealership.

7 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Not all areas this fee is applicable. I tried to get them to my house, but they refused, too difficult. So I still have to drive to the orborjor every few weeks and dump in the cars there.

31 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Not all areas this fee is applicable. I tried to get them to my house, but they refused, too difficult. So I still have to drive to the orborjor every few weeks and dump in the cars there.

Your road has to be wide enough for their rubbish truck to get access to your property for the orborjor to supply a collection service, a lot of the older roads are only wide enough for a small car or ox cart

28 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

Your road has to be wide enough for their rubbish truck to get access to your property for the orborjor to supply a collection service, a lot of the older roads are only wide enough for a small car or ox cart

Yes, you do realise that this means your earlier post on this has some gross generalisations.

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, you do realise that this means your earlier post on this has some gross generalisations.

No it does not, you and your neighbors need to pay for the installation of a road that is wide enough for a rubbish truck to access your property which may need the donation of some land to do this

Its not the governments job or expense to put the road in for you, you do not pay local rates and taxes to pay for this service, the rubbish truck will not go up a two wheel track with no turning area at the end 

All the decent width roads in developments here are installed and paid for by the owners and developers of the land they give access to, same as every other country, not by the government 

11 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

No it does not, you and your neighbors need to pay for the installation of a road that is wide enough for a rubbish truck to access your property which may need the donation of some land to do this

Its not the governments job or expense to put the road in for you, you do not pay local rates and taxes to pay for this service, the rubbish truck will not go up a two wheel track with no turning area at the end 

All the decent width roads in developments here are installed and paid for by the owners and developers of the land they give access to, same as every other country, not by the government 

Sure mate.

• 2 weeks later...

I pay 300 Bt a year in Chalong. Four to five collections per week.

Our Soi is well looked after with regard to lights, rubbish collection and road repairs.

I think this maybe because we have an ex-Or Bor Tor member as a neighbour.

Also give the truck crew a 500 Bt tip at New Year.