Prayut’s US visit to focus on trade ties, IP issues

rooster59

Prayut’s US visit to focus on trade ties, IP issues

By The Sunday Nation

90ba9f8325ed0964825633503b94015b.jpeg

Premier Prayut Chan-o-cha will make an official visit to the United States in July, which will focus on bilateral trade and intellectual property management.

According to an internal document circulated by the Secretariat of Cabinet, Prayut has ordered the Commerce and Foreign ministries and other agencies to prepare information for the visit to the US next month. Dates are yet to be decided.

The information will span trade and investment, solutions to copyright woes and Thailand’s status in the Special 301 Report. The latter is the Office of the US Trade Representative (USTR)’s annual report that rates countries based on their protection of intellectual property rights.

Thailand has been put on the report’s “Priority Watch List” since 2007, as one of the countries with “serious intellectual property rights deficiencies”, requiring increased USTR attention.

Cabinet secretary-general Teerapong Wongsiwawilas said Prayut’s order came during the Cabinet meeting and it stressed copyright issues. The PM’s plan to visit Washington follows US President Donald Trump’s introductory phone call in April. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/national/30317135

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-04

Hope this little pm isnt given the time of day. All he needs is the US pm to validate his crazy ideas in return for a bigger dint in the counterfeiting that is going on. Single gateway, useless vpns and i tell you if i can't download torrents anymore therell be nothing to do in the down time. Nothing interesting on the TV. Seen one market and temple, you've seen them all!. Not much else to do. National parks are a no go. That will be the end of Thai culture as we know it. 

Tat will be happy. It will encourage high end tourists that can stare at the rubbish and breath in the smoke and diesel while losing limbs on illegally rented bikes. When they realize theyve booked for longer than a couple of days, a hotel or condo plunge. Yay!

Im all for doing the right thing and know counterfiting is wrong and so on but this country doesnt have much else. I like my cheap watches that last one week. I like my ill fitting seemingly made for an average chinese body fake clothes.