webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

As the place where all Saudis go to get drunk at the weekend, Bahrain is an expected partner to join Saudi (apparently Allah can't see over the bridge and watch Saudi's getting drunk in Bahrain).

Egypt another one of Trumps new buddies is a bit of a surprise in joining in.

I really hope Trump keeps his nose completely out of this.!

not only get drunk, also shagging Thai hookers, they are plentifull on the island

not so surprised about Egypt, their ambition is to be the lead Arab state (as well as the lead African state (no small objective))

they must act when some noise producing politics happens

Egypt feels/wants to be the country that brings/binds Maghreb and Mashreq together.

hopefully Trump will get a bit of flu and keep his nose covered

17 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

not only get drunk, also shagging Thai hookers, they are plentifull on the island

not so surprised about Egypt, their ambition is to be the lead Arab state (as well as the lead African state (no small objective))

they must act when some noise producing politics happens

Egypt feels/wants to be the country that brings/binds Maghreb and Mashreq together.

hopefully Trump will get a bit of flu and keep his nose covered

Egypt joined in because Qatar backs the Muslim Brotherhood who caused loads of shit in Egypt

32 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

by definition "mashreq" does not include Saudi Arabia and the other GCC states but is used for Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.

signed: beancounter :smile:

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

The prestigious al bawabaeg. I took a look over the whole publication. Clearly a pro Sissi publication. The nonsense about Qatar conspiring with Iran kind of gave it away. Qatar is funding Islamist extremist rebels in Syria and is supporting the war against the Houthi who are Shia in Yemen.  The other Arab states are angry because it supports the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and because of Al Jazeera's reporting. However, because it shares the world's largest natural gas field with Iran it does have more cordial relations than other Arab states.  This move just might push it into an alliance with the Iranians.  Although I confess I don't know enough - or virtually anything for that matter - about the internal politics of Qatar. And it would certainly be complicated by the presence of the giant US Air base there.

Qatar has been, if not an actual backer, a safe haven for extremest muslim groups for years.  As much as we might like to condemn Saudi Arabia for the fact that it has seemingly supported terrorist organizations, I sometimes wonder how accurate it is that the Saudi Government has had a policy of doing such or whether wealthy extremist groups are responsible for that.  Either way, it might just be that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Libya, Yemen and the Maldives which are all taking some action, might not just see that extremism has the potential to spiral out of control in their countries and put the ruling parties at risk.  It may just be that they want to bring Qatar back into the fold and stamp out support for extremism.  The religious extremists are a danger to these societies. Evidently this has been brewing for some time as Qatar's support for the Muslim Brotherhood is at the forefront and is not the first time the differences have surfaced.  Before bringing Trump into this, one should consider the military presence the US has in Qatar. I think the reality is that even relatively stable governments in the Middle East are worried about the extremists.

2 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Qatar has been, if not an actual backer, a safe haven for extremest muslim groups for years.  As much as we might like to condemn Saudi Arabia for the fact that it has seemingly supported terrorist organizations, I sometimes wonder how accurate it is that the Saudi Government has had a policy of doing such or whether wealthy extremist groups are responsible for that.  Either way, it might just be that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Libya, Yemen and the Maldives which are all taking some action, might not just see that extremism has the potential to spiral out of control in their countries and put the ruling parties at risk.  It may just be that they want to bring Qatar back into the fold and stamp out support for extremism.  The religious extremists are a danger to these societies. Evidently this has been brewing for some time as Qatar's support for the Muslim Brotherhood is at the forefront and is not the first time the differences have surfaced.  Before bringing Trump into this, one should consider the military presence the US has in Qatar. I think the reality is that even relatively stable governments in the Middle East are worried about the extremists.

The Saudi Royal Family rules because  it is backed by extremists.

20 minutes ago, Trouble said:

It may just be that they want to bring Qatar back into the fold and stamp out support for extremism. 

But you are ignoring that Saudi and the UAE DO support extremism. 

Nothing in this seems correct. The Saudis know that if they kick up enough crap with Qatar, then there is a possibility that Qatar's neighbour with whom it shares the huge gas fields may enter the argument and then that is all the reason Saudi, Iraq, UAE, Israel and America need........Boom! Are Saudi playing games or are they engineering something far more sinister?

Edited by Andaman Al

15 hours ago, champers said:

I watch Al Jazeera's English news channel and enjoy their documentaries and debates as well as their news coverage. One of their journalists is held in custody in Egypt for being an alleged spy and they often mention it in their news bulletins.

I do prefer it to the other mainstream news options I have: Fox and the BBC World news. Interestingly, BBC takes a goodly amount of advertising from Qatar Airways.

Isn't Al Jazeera funded by the Qatari royal family?

2 minutes ago, Ruffian Dick said:

Isn't Al Jazeera funded by the Qatari royal family?

I think it is commercially funded and based in Qatar and it is a great channel with some awesome journalists. Isn't Fox currently being funded by the wannabe Royal Family of the USA?  :wink:

The important thing is this, IF one bunch of Middle-East types want to butcher another bunch of Middle-East types, well, let them do it, just make sure that none of our soldiers are involved.

We must not see any of our soldiers being sent to the Middle East and getting killed because of whatever problems in the Middle-East.

3 hours ago, Ruffian Dick said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/sep/30/al-jazeera-independence-questioned-qatar

Al-Jazeera English was set up in 2006 by the Arabic broadcaster of the same name and both are owned by the Qatari state.

It's the propaganda mouthpiece of Qatar. End of story.

And you probably believe that the BBC is the propaganda mouthpiece of the UK.

2 minutes ago, Orac said:

A Saudi prince owns a small shareholding in Fox I believe - 6-7%.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Actually, 6-7 percent would be a huge share in a corporation the size of Fox. On the other hand Donald Trump retweeted this: “Most people don’t know that the co-owner of Fox News is Prince Al-Waleed of Saudi Arabia here with his sister and with host Mygan Kelly.”

It turns out that the photo was a fake. As was Trump's assertion. Big surprise there.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/a-saudi-prince-burns-donald-trump

Edited by ilostmypassword

11 hours ago, Naam said:

by definition "mashreq" does not include Saudi Arabia and the other GCC states but is used for Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.

signed: beancounter :smile:

not sure there exists a formal definition of mashreq,

but its quite commonly used for the Arab countries east of Egypt

few things are cast in concrete

7 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Put Qatar on a permanent restriction and starve it out.  If this small county does support

any of the terrorists groups, it deserves to be treated like a dog with rabies.

Geezer

Iran has offered to replace the Saudi supplies within 12 hours

There is the problem with the Middle east with their ancient differences. If Iran tries to fly into Qatar shoot down their aircraft. Do that to anyone who feels sorry for a supporter of terrorists. Or is that all the Middle East countries, and why the terrorist groups, have lots of followers and weapons, in Syria. Libya.  Iraq, And Afghanastan.  If that is the case, then let them all fight each other until they are out of money and people.

I reckon it's a very good bet that this rash and foolish move was the work of Prince Salman, the heir apparent to the Saudi throne. He hasn't distinguished himself so far as witness his disastrous incursion into Yemen.That and boneheaded moves like buying a 500 million dollar superyacht on a whim while cutting benefits to Saudi citizens.

5 hours ago, DM07 said:

Saudi Arabia playing the keeper of the Holy Grail?

The No.1, when it comes to state funded terrorism!?

Now that is a good one...

:cheesy:

watching too much FAUX News? :coffee1: