Did TM30 6 years ago...not on Immigration database

Went to do my one year extension today in Chiang Mai. I lost the TM30 receipt from six years ago so I popped into the office to get a replacement. They looked at their database and said that my details weren't on there. Has anyone else encountered similar?

They started using a new database around 4 years ago now, so your details are probably on the older system.

Those who entered the Country before the change can't do online 90 day reports as a result of this as well.

They need to leave and re-enter in order for their entry to be logged on the new database.

The systems are not compatible with each other.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

They started using a new database around 4 years ago now, so your details are probably on the older system.

Those who entered the Country before the change can't do online 90 day reports as a result of this as well.

They need to leave and re-enter in order for their entry to be logged on the new database.

Thanks. I'm curious though. How did you come by this information? I presume that you have a friend who is an Immigration Officer or a friend of a friend maybe. Also, if I can pick your brains again, does the old database still exist? Thanking you in advance.

Lots of previous topics on the subject (probably archived).

The change was to update the systems so local Immigration offices had more access to local knowledge of expats

When they first introduced the online reporting, only certain offices had the new terminals and fibre optic lines in place.

It took a while to update across the Country.

The forms we were asked to complete with personal details then followed (forgot the actual name) so local offices had more information on expats in their catchment areas.

Enforcement of TM30's then followed in certain areas, more than others.

The old database is alive and kicking, but I'm guessing it's only accessed by Local Government (Bangkok) rather than Provincial Government departs, but that is a calculated guess, based on what my Immigration state.

If I'm not mistaken UJ couldn't do online 90 day reports because he is on the older system.

He was told he had to exit Thailand and re-enter to be logged on the newer system.

No idea if he did it.

Only those entering since (circa 2013?) went on the new database.

24 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Previous reports have indicated Chang Mai wanted a new TM30 filing for renewing extensions.

Has that changed?

Not sure. My friend went last week and they hadn't done one at all due to no knowledge of it. He has done marriage extensions for numerous years and this was the first he had heard of it. His wife got fined B1,600 for not having done it. I saw a sign at CM immigration to do TM30, or produce a receipt from a previous one, prior to extension application. If lots of people who had done one more that four years ago get fined, then they are onto a nice little money spinner. I submitted my application but need to go again with more documents tomorrow. They did not ask for a Tm30 receipt though. I will also do a new TM30 too, but I might contact BKK immigration to see if they have a record; I'm not really into paying a fine for their lack of ability to transfer data between their own systems. We'll see.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

gosh i fear you are both not kidding and correct

8 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

gosh i fear you are both not kidding and correct

I've been able to do my 90 day online because I've been out of the country a couple of times in the last six years, so what Tanoshi said could well be true. A B1,600 fine is nothing to me, but I hate the principle of it. It's like going to a restaurant and getting your order to find it's burnt or something, you send it back and it appears on the bill. 

3 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

That was for entries to the country. 

The TM30 reporting is a separate database from all the others. I think most of what is in it is the hotel reporting. I am not even sure the local office always enters the info for reports done at the office.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM30 reporting is a separate database from all the others. I think most of what is in it is the hotel reporting. I am not even sure the local office always enters the info for reports done at the office.

Did a change of address yesterday ay Hua Hin and it was entered onto a computer while I was there they got the full address of my condo off the computer too

1 minute ago, offset said:

Did a change of address yesterday ay Hua Hin and it was entered onto a computer while I was there they got the full address of my condo off the computer too

A change of address would be done on the main database to change your permanent address. Not the same as TM30 reporting.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not even sure the local office always enters the info for reports done at the office.

You are most likely correct, it does sort of defeat the purpose of the reporting though in that case!

Each individual is recorded in to the immigration main database and a history maintained, it would not be too difficult for them to integrate it so that the address information is in the same database, then if they did need to find somebody this would assist. 

When an individual enters Thailand and uses an address on the TM.6, is that address electronically recorded at all, or is it just left as a paper record and stored somewhere?

Same question applies for a 90 day report, which also contains an address.

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

You are most likely correct, it does sort of defeat the purpose of the reporting though in that case!

If you did a TM30 report at your local office that was different from your permanent address that would be changed it in their main database.

A TM30 report done by a hotel when traveling within the country or on your way to your permanent address after entering the country  it would not be changed.

The 90 day report records are kept in a computer at your local office. Their is no nationwide database of them.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you did a TM30 report at your local office that was different from your permanent address that would be changed it in their main database.

A TM30 report done by a hotel when traveling within the country or on your way to your permanent address after entering the country  it would not be changed.

The 90 day report records are kept in a computer at your local office. Their is no nationwide database of them.

Does that mean that I have 2 addresses in different provinces and both addresses are in my passport I not have to report change of addess when I long stay at either address and can do my 90 report at either address

1 minute ago, offset said:

Does that mean that I have 2 addresses in different provinces and both addresses are in my passport I not have to report change of addess when I long stay at either address and can do my 90 report at either address

You can only have one address in immigrations primary database. If you change your address to another office then you have to change again when you move back to the other address.

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

The TM30 reporting is held on your personal file on their local database, including the name, address and contact number of your landlord where applicable, since they introduced the new system.

At the time Immigration offices throughout the Country had new fibre optics installed, along with new PC terminals and retraining of staff how to use the system.

6 months ago an IO inadvertently removed and ripped up my TM30 receipt, (issued 18 months ago) instead of the TM47 receipt.

It took him 2 minutes to print of a new TM30 receipt from their database.

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, teacherofwoe said:

Not sure. My friend went last week and they hadn't done one at all due to no knowledge of it. He has done marriage extensions for numerous years and this was the first he had heard of it. His wife got fined B1,600 for not having done it. I saw a sign at CM immigration to do TM30, or produce a receipt from a previous one, prior to extension application. If lots of people who had done one more that four years ago get fined, then they are onto a nice little money spinner. I submitted my application but need to go again with more documents tomorrow. They did not ask for a Tm30 receipt though. I will also do a new TM30 too, but I might contact BKK immigration to see if they have a record; I'm not really into paying a fine for their lack of ability to transfer data between their own systems. We'll see.

Ask if they have a record of your extension filed 6 years ago.

I bet they don't have any record of that on their local database either.

On 2017-6-5 at 5:13 PM, teacherofwoe said:

I've been able to do my 90 day online because I've been out of the country a couple of times in the last six years,

On 2017-6-5 at 5:13 PM, teacherofwoe said:

A B1,600 fine is nothing to me, but I hate the principle of it.

@teacherofwoe -  I would be very careful disputing a fine if I was you, depending on the office and the officer, then they could use the fact that you have been out of the country twice since the last TM30 report and did not report your address via a TM30 on both occasions, not saying they would, but in 'principle' they could.

36 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The TM30 reporting is held on your personal file on their local database, including the name, address and contact number of your landlord where applicable, since they introduced the new system.

Not sure all offices maintain such a local record. 

Mine has no TM30 record for me since I have never done one.

Somewhere in a database they may have one from when a hotel reported me.

Update... did my yearly extension and no mention of TM30 or anything about verifying my address. My friend had to do one on Monday because he had never done one before. The TM30 office upstairs don't have me on file. It seems the office for extensions possibly has a different database.