Video: Beware these dangerous con artists on the Thai roads

webfact

Video: Beware these dangerous con artists on the Thai roads

4am.jpg

Picture: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- The court of Thai social media was in no doubt of a couple's guilt after they threatened two men in a car with a golf club on the expressway.

There had been a collision and the men in the car had stopped and said that they must call the insurance man and the police.

But the people in the other car - that had no license plate - were not having that. All they wanted was 5,000 baht on the spot.

The driver refused to pay and suggested they drive to the next toll booth on the Bang Na - Pa-in expressway to sort it out.

The two people in the other car chased them and threatened them with the putter. Then they drove off without going to the toll booth.

People online said it was a clear case of a gang of fraudsters touring round deliberately driving into others to con people out of money.

Commenters said they have older cars with no plates.

The incident happened shortly after midday Monday and was posted on Facebook.

Beware!

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

That´s sad! Not even a good putter. Maybe should think about swinging for the balls instead of focusing on the almost always empty head.

Strange thing to say......are you saying that the people under attack were "empty heads"?

4 minutes ago, gemguy said:

You should always carry a squirt bottle or spray bottle or better yet a large size Songkran style squirt gun filled with dog urine to be used in cases such as this...lol

Cheers

How do you collect the dog urine to fill these bottles up? Is there a store that sells it?

6 minutes ago, gemguy said:

You should always carry a squirt bottle or spray bottle or better yet a large size Songkran style squirt gun filled with dog urine to be used in cases such as this...lol

Cheers

How do you get a dog to pee into a bottle or squirt gun?

cheap trick...only 5000?

and i don't believe the story...if they pick the wrong one their dead.

Threatening with a deadly weapon can trigger a  lethal response.

But maybe there are fools and horses around this country...

No plates, huh? Who's job is it to enforce the laws again? Oh, yea - the police. I guess they were too busy allowing murderers sit uncuffed, applying make-up and chatting like free people. Priorities, people. 

When people lose it all, they lose it.

They do things they normally would not do, but they have no choice when they have nothing.

As the economy retreats worldwide, we can expect more of this worldwide.

50 minutes ago, hgma said:

cheap trick...only 5000?

and i don't believe the story...if they pick the wrong one their dead.

Threatening with a deadly weapon can trigger a  lethal response.

But maybe there are fools and horses around this country...

'... i don't believe the story...if they pick the wrong one their dead.' You give them too much credit for having IQs that high. 

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Strange thing to say......are you saying that the people under attack were "empty heads"?

No, not specifically! Just drawing a straight line through the evil malfunction and capacity of the population. Absulotely nothing to be hung up on. Easily explained. When one person swings the club, the chance of hurting something important higher than 4ft over the sea is about 0,1%. Don´t ask me about the source of the statistical facts. It just come from a long time of personal experience. With that said I also don´t try to say that i am swinging golf clubs at people. There are far more sophisticated ways of collecting such facts.

1 hour ago, Gracas said:

How do you collect the dog urine to fill these bottles up? Is there a store that sells it?

Most store it in a closet and accommodate special customers that ask for it but don't believe it's really dog urine. This is LOS.

31 minutes ago, Kabula said:

When people lose it all, they lose it.

They do things they normally would not do, but they have no choice when they have nothing.

As the economy retreats worldwide, we can expect more of this worldwide.

Yes,  Kabula indeed this happens all over the World as well.