Video: Car driver backs down after bus driver produces a long knife from his underpants

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Thailand people who drive for a living eg. Taxi's, buses, songtaew's, lorries etc usually are armed with either knives or metal bars as they are accustomed to traffic related arguments as part of their occupational risk hazards.  People with expensive super cars are also usually armed with guns too.  I'm not talking about your run of the mill 1911's or glocks but Sig's, STI's or even SMG's.

Its really unwise to get into a traffic altercation over here.  Just take a deep breath, calm down and swallow your pride as Thai's tend to take everything personally and make rash decisions when it comes to losing face.  I'd rather look like a rabbit then die like a fool over something as petty.

Edited by smileydude

19 hours ago, madusa said:

Anyone notice the Song Thiaw(bus) passengers sitting quietly in the vehicle while the whole drama was being played. I would have got off the bus and try to find other bus to continue the journey.

Is Thailand still a Buddhist country, any kind soul out there please clear my doubt for me.

It was 1980 when I first landed in Bangkok (Duang Meung) airport and I saw a guard at the airport, he was in army fatigue but he got only a bayonet on his side and a hand grenade clipped on his front left pocket. He was just standing there guarding.

I thought it was strange that he had no gun with him. So he either stab you or he throw the grenade at you if you are the terrorist or someone who is a danger to others or attempt to destroy the kingdom's property. Song Thiaw drivers carrying knives is not a surprise for me. Why are they having knives? To stab you of course If you are threatening them. Otherwise they cut fruits to eat while waiting for customers.

In 2000 I went to Laos and saw many Dad's army. ( in case anyone don't know dad's army it's the comedy show on British TV in 1970's Ragtag army.) In Laos they Carrying AK 47 but wearing plastic slippers. My friend told me not to look down on them because they were capable of defeating the French Military Academy trained soldiers. They won the war not the French.

And your point is..........?

30 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

And your point is..........?

I don't have a point, I just say what is on my mind. From what I see Thailand is a difficult country to live in because they don't follow rules and laws.

I hate it when people don't want to follow the laws.

Well, I guess I will loose and loose because the other guy carries a long knife. And I don't.

Just now, madusa said:

I don't have a point, I just say what is on my mind. From what I see Thailand is a difficult country to live in because they don't follow rules and laws.

I hate it when people don't want to follow the laws.

Well, I guess I will loose and loose because the other guy carries a long knife. And I don't.

Yep.

18 hours ago, 1024 said:

Nonny mouse ?? I guess you feel quite good about yourself after this comment -- No ?
Don't you just love that word ADVOCATING its so ... dominating. BTW BTW - love your modern style.

Ok, now, take notice...I was quoting a previous poster (not captured in your comment) who had said, that all of us Farangs were so brave behind our key boards with the advantage of being anonymous (or something to that effect) you work the rest out, smart arse. BTW I don't need to make comments to make me feel good about myself as you may well need to do as I feel good already! :partytime2:

Edited by Catkiwi
change of font

18 hours ago, madusa said:

Your wife loves you 'mak mak' however if you leave early she gets all inheritances early.

Absolutely right, she loves the bones of me.

If I shuffle off early she's welcome to it all, she earned it. I won't bore you with the details but she's one in a million!

21 hours ago, madusa said:

Anyone notice the Song Thiaw(bus) passengers sitting quietly in the vehicle while the whole drama was being played. I would have got off the bus and try to find other bus to continue the journey.

Is Thailand still a Buddhist country, any kind soul out there please clear my doubt for me.

It was 1980 when I first landed in Bangkok (Duang Meung) airport and I saw a guard at the airport, he was in army fatigue but he got only a bayonet on his side and a hand grenade clipped on his front left pocket. He was just standing there guarding.

I thought it was strange that he had no gun with him. So he either stab you or he throw the grenade at you if you are the terrorist or someone who is a danger to others or attempt to destroy the kingdom's property. Song Thiaw drivers carrying knives is not a surprise for me. Why are they having knives? To stab you of course If you are threatening them. Otherwise they cut fruits to eat while waiting for customers.

In 2000 I went to Laos and saw many Dad's army. ( in case anyone don't know dad's army it's the comedy show on British TV in 1970's Ragtag army.) In Laos they Carrying AK 47 but wearing plastic slippers. My friend told me not to look down on them because they were capable of defeating the French Military Academy trained soldiers. They won the war not the French.

Not to mention the AK 47 swinging from his shoulder....

This taxi driver is a pussycat compared to the Tanzanian soldiers who I saw in the Seychelles, where I lived in 1980, who supported the coup by Rene. They'd sit on the jungle roads in pitch black mugging and raping the local population when it suited them. You drive around a corner and see only the flash of teeth and the glint of metal of an AK 47 in your headlights... and pray it's not your turn.

16 hours ago, Tofer said:

Not to mention the AK 47 swinging from his shoulder....

This taxi driver is a pussycat compared to the Tanzanian soldiers who I saw in the Seychelles, where I lived in 1980, who supported the coup by Rene. They'd sit on the jungle roads in pitch black mugging and raping the local population when it suited them. You drive around a corner and see only the flash of teeth and the glint of metal of an AK 47 in your headlights... and pray it's not your turn.

You had the guts to live in such god forsaken country, hat off to you.

On 6/6/2017 at 3:43 PM, catman20 said:

sounds like its only a matter of time before you end up be hide bars.

I don't drink so never go to bars.  It's not illegal to carry a machete in your vehicle.  It's also not against the law if you use a legal weapon for protection.

1 hour ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

I don't drink so never go to bars.  It's not illegal to carry a machete in your vehicle.  It's also not against the law if you use a legal weapon for protection.

If you are carrying a machete in your car, and you then use the afore mentioned machete to wound someone in a public space, then you are very much going to find yourself on the wrong side of the law, regardless if you were the original aggressor or not.

By-the-way, it is illegal to carry a machete in your car unless you can show a good reason to be doing so, ie just bought from shop and taking it home, you're a chef and it is wrapped with other knives and used for professional use etc. All the prosecution have to do is to show that you were found in possession of the machete. The burden of proof shifts to you, the defendant, in showing that you had a lawful excuse to carry it in your car at that time.

Edited by Laab Muu

7 hours ago, ThaidaGwaii said:

It's also not against the law if you use a legal weapon for protection.

if someone comes at you with a gun to shoot you sure ur ok with a machete however if you used a machete in a fist fight you will have major problems and looking at serious jail time.  dont post about things uve had no experience about 

i meant bars as in jail.........................:coffee1:

Edited by catman20

6 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

If you are carrying a machete in your car, and you then use the afore mentioned machete to wound someone in a public space, then you are very much going to find yourself on the wrong side of the law, regardless if you were the original aggressor or not.

By-the-way, it is illegal to carry a machete in your car unless you can show a good reason to be doing so, ie just bought from shop and taking it home, you're a chef and it is wrapped with other knives and used for professional use etc. All the prosecution have to do is to show that you were found in possession of the machete. The burden of proof shifts to you, the defendant, in showing that you had a lawful excuse to carry it in your car at that time.

well posted, i said the same sort of thing to him but in a lot less words. obviously hes been watching too many movies the man need to get out more. this place is full of them :coffee1: