Dog Attack A Person On A Driving Motorbike

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe my recollection of the recipe is wrong (on the strong side). I wouldn't advocate permanent injury or sadistic torture either.

Is there a mix in which the solution could irritate but not injure? On the order of chili powder spray? Anyone know?

TT

Back to the dogs...I once heard a suggestion to mix 90% water with 10% cleaning ammonia and fill a small squirt gun. Keep it handy (bike basket? top of your boot? in your teeth?) for normal places/encounters with the local aggressive canine(s).

The proponent of this idea said that it doesn't injure them, but an ammonia mixture up a dog's sensitive nose and in their eyes will make them remember you for a very long time. (As in "avoid this guy--he's a sadist.")

Haven't tried it myself, but I am actively looking for one of those small squirt guns they sell in the west. So far, all I can find are one of those pump-action water cannons they use at Songkran. Hmmm....not a bad idea either.... :o

Perhaps one could rip a windscreen washer system out of an old car and install it on the bike, filling it up with this ammonia fluid. Then, just like in a James bond film, when a dog launches an attack, press a button and a powerful spray (located near the foot) squirts the dog in the eye.

Much easier than clumsily reaching for the squirt gun as the dog proceeds to rip your leg off.

Edited by Grover

I do not know how one actively decides to "lay the bike down."

I doubt there would be time for an active decision. It would be something closer to an instinctual reaction.

Seriously, does one take a few thousand milliseconds out of their busy crash to grab ahold of the motorcycle and literally throw it down, or to throw it atop the nearest tuk-tuk?

throwing it atop of a tuk-tuk? you can't be serious. :o

I do not know how one actively decides to "lay the bike down."

I doubt there would be time for an active decision. It would be something closer to an instinctual reaction.

Seriously, does one take a few thousand milliseconds out of their busy crash to grab ahold of the motorcycle and literally throw it down, or to throw it atop the nearest tuk-tuk?

throwing it atop of a tuk-tuk? you can't be serious. :o

That's my problem; I can't be serious. :D I have only ever usually heard that "lay the bike down" in the transitive mode, by big Harley dudes whose Harleys weigh over 697 pounds. So, I checked in my best dictionary, which said "lay" means to CAREFULLY put something (like a live baby) onto a flat surface. Now, I'm no fair weather biker (9 years year-round, no car), and there's nothing careful about the way gravity lets me down when I fall.

Now I remember the dog I killed, who laid down his life for a Honda. At the last moment, I thought I could swerve to the right, so I leaned the bike slightly down to the right. Me, NokLek and the bike weighed 250 kilos total, and our impact shoved that poor (large) dog into the ditch. I asked NokLek last night how fast we were going, and he didn't want to remember. He literally flew over the crash scene in a parabolic arc.

I always see dogs chase after buses, Taxi's and motorcycles , but I never seen them chase a person just walking on the street, its seems to me like they hate them for noise and pollution, I dont blame them:)

It's the squeaks, the ultrasonics, the noises that are out of the range of human hearing..... if you squeak when you walk you would have the same problem :o

in a topical related occurence yesterday...

"Dangerous" dog butchers five year old

main_2_.jpg

Elle Lawrenson and her killer

Another case of a dog killing a child was reported in the UK, with a five year old girl dying after being attacked by a pitbull in Merseyside, England.

The dog butchered young Elle Lawrenson and died on the spot after being violently bitten several times by the pitbull. The grandmother of the child, Jackie, tried in vain to save her grand-daughter and suffered minor injuries in her arms and legs in the process.

The owner of the dog, Kiel Simpson was warned by a council about the brute's behaviour after a neighbour complained it attacked his dog.

The enraged dog was shot dead by Police officers. The officers were so traumatised by the bloody sight at the scene that were later given temporary leave.

The Malta Star

02 January 2007

Edited by sriracha john

I have only ever usually heard that "lay the bike down" in the transitive mode, by big Harley dudes whose Harleys weigh over 697 pounds. So, I checked in my best dictionary, which said "lay" means to CAREFULLY put something (like a live baby) onto a flat surface. Now, I'm no fair weather biker (9 years year-round, no car), and there's nothing careful about the way gravity lets me down when I fall.

Your an english teacher, not a physics teacher, right ? :o