Medical Check Up?

marrmrrs

Hi. I need advice please?

Been here in Pattaya 4yrs and not been near a doctor, so looking for a bit of a check up. Nothing specifically wrong (i hope!!) apart from maybe high blood pressure and a few aches and pains. Looking for advice as to where to go?.. Hospital or Clinic? Someone called Dr Olivier Clinic came recommended. I am paying for this myself and been here all this time and refuse (famous last words!!) to be ripped off..

So any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Cherrs in advance!!

Just now, thaitero said:

Check out private hospital websites. They have "check-up" - packackes on ther websites..

Thanks.. Will have a look.. Generally they will not quote till you have seen a doctor but will certainly have a look..Again thanks!

2 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

All the private hospitals do "wellness" check-up packages that cover most of the usual tests. The packages are designed for different sorts of people - young marrieds, middle-aged, retired - and so have include different tests accordingly. Packages are often half the price of the amount you would pay to have all the same tests done individually.

Personally I go to Phyathai in Sri Racha once a year and pay around 4000B for a fairly complete package. Options and prices do vary a lot, so do some research for a few months.

If you just want a fairly complete blood and urine test without interpretation then Lifecare lab does them quite cheaply (but dont even think about touching the towel in their toilets). You can also get the tests done there and take them to a doctor at a clinic for interpretation/follow-up.

The hospital you mentioned has some good reviews.. I will also find out the address of Life Care Lab. On doing a bit of research it seems this is a good and inexpensive way of doing this and then contacting a doctor for follow up..Thanks for that. It's much appreciated..

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, marrmrrs said:

Thanks.. Will have a look.. Generally they will not quote till you have seen a doctor but will certainly have a look..Again thanks!

They all have set packages of tests and then after tests you review them with doctor. for a fixed price.  As said often discounted to attract new patients but there no obligation for follow up from same facility.  

On 6/6/2017 at 0:43 PM, KittenKong said:

All the private hospitals do "wellness" check-up packages that cover most of the usual tests. The packages are designed for different sorts of people - young marrieds, middle-aged, retired - and so include different tests accordingly. Packages are often half the price of the amount you would pay to have all the same tests done individually.

Personally I go to Phyathai in Sri Racha once a year and pay around 4000B for a fairly complete package. Options and prices do vary a lot, so do some research for a few months.

If you just want a fairly complete blood and urine test without interpretation then Lifecare lab does them quite cheaply (but dont even think about touching the towel in their toilets). You can also get the tests done there and take them to a doctor at a clinic for interpretation/follow-up.

Thanks for this useful info.

Do you have any contact info for "Lifecare lab" please? 

On 2017-6-8 at 9:05 PM, moonseeker said:

LIFECARELAB, Southpattaya is a great starting-point.

Get there around 8 am, no food, only water from midnight. They have several packages, very! affordable. I suggest the basic around 500 Baht, but quite comprehensive, plus the cancer package. You want stool checked, which is part of basic, save you the trouble there and bring a bit from home in  a very clean pill-dose etc. Not much needed. You will get results same evening by email & can pick up your booklet incl. recommendations next day. Brought many people there and for several, it was a just-in time alarm flag to go see a Dr. at hospital.

Great & affordable Check-ups @ Pyathai Sri Racha. Contact Gavin, Int. med. Dir. via email for details or any support you need. Great & reliable consultant: [email protected] & BPH does full check-ups walk-in with promos too. 

http://lifecare.siam2web.com/

Best of luck & Good health!  MS>

Brilliant (and informative!!).. Am going to try this!.. Again thanks!!..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

http://www.pih-inter.com/images/checkup/20180705155640.pdf

http://phyathai2international.com/en/cost-financing/Health-Promotion-Center/Heath-Check-Up-Packages

I am looking into this also but have no clue which package to go for! I am male 46, do a lot of exercise, drink very little... but like junk food and coke and wine gums! Not overweight. Anyone about the situation and did a package and can recommend?

I didn't check Bangkok Hospital since it's probably the most expensive.

Bangkok Pattaya International Hospital offers the widest range of packages.  Very impressive modern technology and the basics. I usually avoid small clinics. BTW. High BP is very serious and is known as the silent killer 

4 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

I am looking into this also but have no clue which package to go for! I am male 46, do a lot of exercise, drink very little... but like junk food and coke and wine gums! Not overweight. Anyone about the situation and did a package and can recommend?

Contact Gavin (mentioned several times above) and ask for information about the monthly promos at Phyathai.

These are better value than their regular packages.

Unless you suspect that you have something wrong (and it doesnt sound like you do) then their basic monthly promo package (usually around 4000B) will probably be enough. Or just go first to Lifecare and get a complete test package there which will be much cheaper and will probably reveal anything that needs more attention.

Prices in Pattaya are generally pretty silly at all the hospitals, and I would avoid them unless it was urgent.

19 minutes ago, The manic said:

BTW. High BP is very serious and is known as the silent killer 

But a hospital check is often totally unreliable as our blood pressure is designed to vary by the situation at hand (as well as actual medical reasons).  White coat (or short skirts) can and does cause issues for many of us.  Best to use a single visit or two of high readings as an indication to buy and use a meter at home for a true overview and let that be the basis for any medications.

Just now, KittenKong said:

Contact Gavin (mentioned several times above) and ask for information about the monthly promos at Phyathai.

These are better value than their regular packages.

Unless you suspect that you have something wrong (and it doesnt sound like you do) then their basic monthly promo package (usually around 4000B) will probably be enough. Or just go first to Lifecare and get a complete test package there which will be much cheaper and will probably reveal anything that needs more attention.

Prices in Pattaya are generally pretty silly at all the hospitals, and I would avoid them unless it was urgent.

Thanks. I will do that.