House Registration - Tabian Bahn

jayceenik

I now live in Ubon with my TGF in her just built new house (paid by me, of course).

She says she wants to put some long time friend's name who lives and work in Ubon on the Tabian Bahn so that that person has a legal administrative address in Ubon.

He will not live with us as he has a rental room in Ubon town already but would like to move his registration address from his parent's home in a village 100 km from here to Ubon so that it would ease getting official documents, etc.

I don't like this idea at all.

Would the registration of that person on her Tabian Bahn be without any problems, like she says, or is there some administrative trouble ahead?

There is no problems in putting a person in the blue book, it does not give them a right to live in the property or make GF liable for crime/debt etc. I would question why though. Lots of Thai people live there whole life in a location other than the blue book they are in, with no problems. Maybe something to do with access to local hospital etc.

We live in pattaya and my wife's blue book is a house over near Hua Hin, she doesn't have any problems doing anything in pattaya, she has the option of going in my pattaya blue book but doesn't bother as there is no need to.

34 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

Would the registration of that person on her Tabian Bahn be without any problems, like she says, or is there some administrative trouble ahead?

No problem at all. It is done all the time.

My wife's tambien ban has a lot of people listed in it that asked her to do it so they would have a local address.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No problem at all. It is done all the time.

My wife's tambien ban has a lot of people listed in it that asked her to do it so they would have a local address.

You beat me to it joe

Same here wife has relos kids in book for school location

9 hours ago, jayceenik said:

She says she wants to put some long time friend's name who lives and work in Ubon on the Tabian Bahn so that that person has a legal administrative address in Ubon.

He will not live with us as he has a rental room in Ubon town already

So why doesn't he use the address he staying at present? I'm sure 'official documents' would get there easy enough. People in this village living in rooms/rentals have no problem receiving post.

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I would question why though.

Maybe something to do with access to local hospital

So would I. The hospital theory is the most likely.

8 hours ago, allane said:

It is her house.

Is it? If the OP can prove he paid then...................

As others have said we have 6 of her friends names in the book no hassle. Reason is quite simple they all work in KK but there home address are all over Thailand its easier to acsess hospital and local doctore ect being registered in the province they work in. 

Thanks to all who have given me reasons not to worry about this Tabian Bahn's extra name inclusion.

Indeed that person is teaching at a local University and it most probably would ease some administrative chores for him.

TGF said that much.

I bought her the house and it's hers but she defers to me for that sort of things.

Thanks

Archived