Really Stupid Question

girlx

I bought some "fairy lights", or Christmas lights as we call them in the US, and when I got them home I noticed after a few seconds they start blinking. I know there is something you can do to get them to stay static, because I did it accidentally for one of the strands. Now I want to make the others stop blinking. Anyone know how to do it? There is no button on it, just a normal plug.

It's usually one light on the strand that causes the flashing. Probably a clear bulb where the tip is colored (possibly red). You'll need to replace that one light. Most strands come with extra lights for this purpose.

Edited by Jamie

It's usually one light on the strand that causes the flashing. Probably a clear bulb where the tip is colored (possibly red). You'll need to replace that one light. Most strands come with extra lights for this purpose.

When did you last buy fairy lights?????????????

I haven't seen the system for 50 years. :o

The modern ones have multiple strands and the flashing pattern is usually controlled by a little box down near the plug.

Right, you can get the lights with the box that lets you set a certain blinking pattern but they still make the strands with no control box. You have to change the one "blinker". Did it this year with a new strand.