xls file?

bendejo

Today, while logging in, my FF browser prompted me to download an xls file.  This is the common extension for spreadsheet files,  I declined.  Tried again, same thing, and rejection aborted the login process.  Was able to log in using Chrome, though.

Anyway, things have return to normal since.  This happened about 20 minutes before this msg is being sent.  Just thought the admins would like to know this.

Is your FF still prompting you to do this?

I usually only see this type of behavior when someone's DNS settings have been edited to a rogue server that allows man-in-the-middle exploits (like appending code to javascript files as they're being requested).

No, it's not, it stopped happening by the time I posted the OP. 

Yeah, I thought it might be something trying to be pushed on me, via an Excel ss with a malicious macro, or perhaps it was something that the tvf software accessed (eg, a spreadsheet of user data) but was instead being uploaded.

I didn't post this as a complaint, but rather as a heads-up to the admins.

It's always troubling when a site your visiting does something like this.

I had a similar issue with the ThaiVisa website a few years ago when their javascript files were being altered/appended in transit. Through diagnostic discovery I determined someone had hacked into my TOT issued router to swap out the default DNS entries with their own, allowing an exploit to be played out with any website that wasn't doing secure/encrypt traffic.

Now that ThaiVisa is running https:// it's more unlikely it can happen, so it makes me wonder just what was occurring and where it was originating.