Led Zeppelin 2 Dvd Live 1969-1979

columbo

Hey people: picked up this double live Led Zep DVD yesterday, brand new arrival although released in 2003. I've been looking high and low in Thailand for this one to no avail until now. Soo, get your rap and hip hop CDs together along with that Borat DVD, pour flammable liquid on them, burn to crispy crunchy ash pile, and go out and grab this phenomenal Zep DVD set. Amazon users rate this 5 stars out of 5 (539 ratings). This is a super special treat highlighted by the final show they ever did at Knebworth in 1979. At that show we see John Bonham less than a year before his premature death and he is in peak form, very powerful indeed. I leave you with the description below from Amazon. These DVDs have a different cover than shown on Amazon (at Pantip) but same content. I am posting this as I know Thai Visa has numerous Zep fans

Average Customer Review: based on 564 reviews. (Write a review.)

DVD Features:

Available Audio Tracks: English (DTS), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (PCM Stereo)

2 DVD Box Set:

DVD 1:

Live at the Royal Albert Hall (1970)

1969 - 3 titles from Danish Television (31 min Stereo)

1969 - "Communication Breakdown" Promo - Paris (9 min Stereo)

1969 - "Dazed And Confused" - Supershow (7 min Stereo)

DVD 2:

1972 - Immigrant Song - Splodge Edit Live (4 min)

1973 - Madison Square Garden - New York (24mn) - 4 titles not included in the film "The Song Remains The Same"

1975 - Earl's Court - London 49 min - 6 titles

1979 - Knebworth - Angleterre 52 min - 7 titles

1970 - NBC interview with the band (mono)

1972 - Rock N' Roll + interviews from Australian Television (4 min Stereo)

1975 - Interview with Robert Plant - BBC Old Grey Whistle (4 min Stereo)

2 clips : "Over The Hills" and "Travelling Riverside Blues" (4 min)

Amazon.com

Exclamations of religious awe are in order. Legendary and long sought-after, this live Led Zeppelin collection is nothing less than the rock music equivalent of the Holy Grail. Quite simply, this is what all the fuss was about.

Given that they were the biggest band in the world, Zeppelin were notoriously camera-shy in their heyday. Their official filmic legacy until now has been just the fascinating but flawed The Song Remains the Same. While this new set presents some previously unseen footage from the same 1973 Madison Square Garden gigs, its real wonders lie in the earlier (1970) Royal Albert Hall footage and the later Earls Court (1975) and Knebworth (1979) concerts. Everything here looks and sounds new-minted, thanks to painstaking restoration and remastering of both audio and visual sources, a Herculean labor of love on the part of co-producer Dick Carruthers working hand-in-glove with Jimmy Page. Trawling through thousands of yards of previously unseen film and unheard tape recordings--some with missing visuals, some with missing audio--Page and Carruthers have chosen only the best possible footage available. They were also at pains to make the segments segue seamlessly so that the viewer is treated to what feels like a continuous concert--just sample the transition from a grainy Super 8 "Immigrant Song" (Sydney, 1972) to "Black Dog" at MSG.

Highlights? It's not hyperbole to say that every powerhouse minute of this collection (some 230 minutes of concert footage plus another hour and a half of extra DVD material) is a rare musical and visual treat. But hearing Page's violin bow work on "Dazed and Confused" in DTS or Dolby 5.1 is an experience not soon forgotten. --Mark Walker

Product Description

Track list:

Disc 1

We're Gonna Groove/ I Can't Quit You Babe/ Dazed And Confused/ White Summer/ What Is And What Should Never Be/ The Ocean/ How Many More Times/ Moby Dick/ Whole Lotta Love/ Communication Breakdown/ C'mon Everybody/ Something Else/ Bring It On Home

Disc 2

Immigrant Song/ Black Dog/ Misty Mountain Hop/ Since I've Been Loving You/ Going To California/ That's The Way/ Bron-Y-Aur Stomp/ In My Time Of Dying/ Trampled Underfoot/ Stairway To Heaven/ Rock And Roll/ Nobody's Fault But Mine/ Sick Again/ Achilles Last Stand/ In The Evening/ Kashmir/ Whole Lotta Love

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-Robert-...=UTF8&s=dvd

Legendary and long sought-after, this live Led Zeppelin collection is nothing less than the rock music equivalent of the Holy Grail. Quite simply, this is what all the fuss was about.

as an audience member at earls court 1975 and knebworth 1979 i second those comments.

only the who in their prime came anywhere near to led zep live for the kind of full frontal assault that could overpower you and transport you to another place without the need for drugs.

todays whippersnappers dont know what they missed !!! :o

Edited by taxexile

Awesome footage on these. Jimmy worked very hard to make it crisp. THat was what? 2 or 3 years ago? Where have you been? Don't wait for the copies to come here, just buy it when it comes out, something as good as this, support the band.

Have you heard of Latter Visions - Celebration? This is footage from a lot of the same concerts as the official release, but didn't get used for the official release. IT's got Earl's Court, Knebworth, MSG, and a lot more. It's 2 dvd's as well. Although it's not doctored up and remastered perfectly like the official release, it's smokin'. THe versions of In My Time of Dying, and Over the HIlls and Far Away, are worth the download alone.

:o

Have you heard of Latter Visions - Celebration? This is footage from a lot of the same concerts as the official release, but didn't get used for the official release. IT's got Earl's Court, Knebworth, MSG, and a lot more. It's 2 dvd's as well. Although it's not doctored up and remastered perfectly like the official release, it's smokin'. THe versions of In My Time of Dying, and Over the HIlls and Far Away, are worth the download alone.

:o

at 8.5 gig on 2 dvds i am not even going to attempt to download here in bkk.

although its not doctored up, correct, its a bootleg.

the one with the crop circles on the front, i assume you are talking about either remastered/remasters, 4/2 cd set.

this dvd is sometimes called, how the west was one, which was the name of the triple cd that came out a few years ago, at the same time.anyway,i believe you can tell a great deal about people by their music collecton, this stuff is essential, unless you have a doctors certificate as an excuse.

another essential, is the double cd set released a few years ago, the bbc sessions, an absolute must have, certainly beats listening to my dodgy bootlegs.

now if only we could be treated to derek & the dominoes live at the fillmore 1970 on dvd

IMHO, this DVD box set is the best ever issued by any band. I'm amazed it took so long for it to show up at Panthip, especially given how much mediocre music DVD's are readily available there. I would add the Stones at their peak to the previous posters mention of the Who as being the most uplifting live shows going in the day. You really didn't need drugs for those shows!!! :o