is it possible to change renewal date on retirement visa

At present time I want to change to 6 months in Canada and 6 months in Thailand.

A small problem came up when I planning it though. 

My retirement extension comes up April 1 each year. I plan on being in Canada every year in the future from Oct to end of April. So April 1 I will be in Canada.Can I change this date before I go to Canada to a more suitable date? Or can I return and go to immigration and show I was out of the country and do it on return. Or must I reapply and get a new one? If a new one is needed can I do before I go?

?

A re-entry permit is not going to help at all - he is not going to be here when his extension is due to be renewed.  So you will need to obtain a single entry non O visa for the next years entry and then extend after 3 months and that will put you on track to extend each year during the period you plan to be here (which is a bit unusual, to say the least - most would prefer to avoid the snows of Canada I suspect and spend the winter months here).

If you leave immediately without a re-entry permit and obtain the visa you might have time to extend before you have to leave - but suspect be easier to just do next year when you plan to return.

Edited by lopburi3

The only way you can change the date your extension is due is to leave without a re-entry permit, get a non-o visa, enter the country and apply for a new extension.

If you enter the country after you extension expires you would have to start all over again by getting new non-o visa entry.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The only way you can change the date your extension is due is to leave without a re-entry permit, get a non-o visa, enter the country and apply for a new extension.

If you enter the country after you extension expires you would have to start all over again by getting new non-o visa entry.

That is what I thought i would have to do but wanted to check. Is it posible to get a visa then that lasts 6 month?

27 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Is it posible to get a visa then that lasts 6 month?

There are visas that are valid for entry to the country for 6 months or one year. A multiple entry tourist visa is valid for 6 months from the date of issue that allows 60 day entries. Or a multiple entry non-o visa valid for one year that allows 90 day entries.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are visas that are valid for entry to the country for 6 months or one year. A multiple entry tourist visa is valid for 6 months from the date of issue that allows 60 day entries. Or a multiple entry non-o visa valid for one year that allows 90 day entries.

Ok 

If I understand this properly.

The multiple entry tourist visa must be from date of issue so if I get in Canada the clock is ticking before I even enter Thailand.and I must leave the country every 60 days to extend.

The non-0 is valid for a year so can get in Canada and no worries about it running out. But must leave Thailand and come back every 90 days 

Wow easier to just creat a new retirement extension and new date that works for me.

The crazy part about all this is I have had the extensions going so long I am in 3rd passport .Until 2 years ago it was always august3. but because number 2 passport ran out april 1  immigration could only extend to april 1. When I got new passport the immigration office  simply went with april 1 and never bothered to make renewal date aug 3.. I wish now they had.

That is the way it has been done for a number of years now - extension is only valid until expiration of current passport if less than a year and a new extension must be obtained for the new passport (the normal full year).  

35 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That is the way it has been done for a number of years now - extension is only valid until expiration of current passport if less than a year and a new extension must be obtained for the new passport (the normal full year).  

The way they did it the first passport change was they gave till end of passport day in old passport but when i renewed adjusted the date to the anniversary date. of aug 3. in new passport So that year I paid to have it entered into new passport for the remaining months till aug 3 and then aug 3 had to do for a full year. But as you said things change. If they would have done to aug 3 though I would not have problem now.

Return to Canada, then mid April obtain a 90 day Non Imm O Visa to re-enter Thailand.

30 days before expiry apply for a new extension, which should be dated from end July.

Obtain a single re-entry permit at the same time.

Problem solved and date of extension renewal moved to July.