Cancel Work Permit

Hi,

I am the owner of a business (49% and joint director) but have now split with my partner/wife. She is now refusing to help process my WP or visa extension and has stolen all the documents which would allow to do so independently.

So, I will be going to the Chonburi DWP to hand in and cancel the WP at the end of the month.

My questions relate to how I can cancel the WP? Can I wait until it expires and it is cancelled automatically? Do I need to provide documents to cancel the WP? Obviously I am not sure if I will be able to get any documents to provide at the moment in time?

i am hoping I can just hand it in, get the letter from DWP stating it has been cancelled and go to immigration for the 7 day extension?

Thanks

There is no automatic 7 day extension, be prepared  to leave the country.

Your work permit ends when you choose to end it.

If you are here based on your job working for a Thai company even as the "director',  when you lose your job you also  MAY lose your visa and the right to stay in Thailand in many cases.

That may not always be true, but be prepared for the possibility.

Good luck, you may need it.

If your wife is unwillingly or unable to help you there may have some shocks coming.

There won't be too big a shock because I am prepared to leave the country and start again anyway. 

I have the 1 year extension you get after processing the WP. Im not sure if thats what you mean UbonJoe? The one where you go to immigration with WP so no longer have to leave the country every 90 days, just an Immigration sign in every 90 days. I think that form you sent s the ticket! 

As long as i can cancel the WP, I'm familiar with the process of rushing too imm to pay for a 7 day extension.

I know I will likely have to go to Laos to apply for the tourist visa too. Which sucks. Either that or non-imm visa for eduction i think it is right? My boxing gym said he would write a letter for me to apply for that one. Do any of you know the name of that? The non-imm education visa is it? Or the form I would need to apply for it?

9 hours ago, irishtoffy said:

There won't be too big a shock because I am prepared to leave the country and start again anyway. 

I have the 1 year extension you get after processing the WP. Im not sure if thats what you mean UbonJoe? The one where you go to immigration with WP so no longer have to leave the country every 90 days, just an Immigration sign in every 90 days. I think that form you sent s the ticket! 

As long as i can cancel the WP, I'm familiar with the process of rushing too imm to pay for a 7 day extension.

I know I will likely have to go to Laos to apply for the tourist visa too. Which sucks. Either that or non-imm visa for eduction i think it is right? My boxing gym said he would write a letter for me to apply for that one. Do any of you know the name of that? The non-imm education visa is it? Or the form I would need to apply for it?

If you were to write a letter to state you are no longer working on certain date you could go to immigration few days before that date immigration would postdate the extension cancellation to that date.No need to pay 1900 baht to get 7 days to leave the country.

A letter from a gym will not be enough to get a single entry non-ed visa at a nearby embassy or consulate. This is one of the requirements at Vientiane "Copy of registration certificate of the concerned academic institute" Source: http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non- ED & O.pdf.

A single entry tourist visa may be your best option.