Military wedding parade shuts down traffic, raises questions about privilege of authorities

webfact

Colonel apologizes for paralyzing traffic for his wedding

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

SehPeteKhaosod-696x418.jpg  

Lt. Col. Phitakphon Chusri speaks to a reporter at his wedding reception Thursday night in Khon Kaen province

KHON KAEN — For those late to work Thursday morning in Khon Kaen, an army colonel would like to say he’s so, so sorry for blocking the province’s largest road for his wedding.

Lt. Col. Phitakphon “Seh Pete” Chusri said he thought sealing off part of Mittraphap Road for the ceremony would only cause a minor inconvenience . The roadblock resulted in rush hour traffic chaos that prompted commuters to vent their anger at the officer on social media.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/06/09/colonel-apologizes-paralyzing-traffic-wedding/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-09

'Any' inconvenience for 'your wedding' is a massive inconvenience for everyone else. Nobody cares.

I was in a restaurant a few years ago and a guy purposed to his missus. Everyone saw him get on one knee and just stopped what they were doing. I continued eating. Then everyone started clapping after she said yes, I got the eyes from my missus, so I had to put my knife and fork down and clap. I've never understood why people want to show off to a complete bunch of strangers. 

We've become a society of massively deluded narcissists. 

9 minutes ago, Artisi said:

seems he doesn't ...

an over-rated nobody

His uniform decorations look like a joke. His wings, jumping once off a 20 foot tower. Give me a break! As a Vietnam Vet, this guy couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag!

I especially liked the "create understanding" bit below from a Junta spokesperson explaining the matter....

How do you do that?

“People who criticize the military on Facebook can submit letters to us,” Winthai said. “Army spokespeople are willing to mediate and create understanding.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/06/09/colonel-apologizes-paralyzing-traffic-wedding/

Edited by optad
link

Often I fly between BKK and P-lok. Early one morning I arrived at the airport in P-lok to leave. But hardly no one was around. Why? Some Hiso wanted to leave a couple of hours earlier. Unbelievable! Never did get a refund.

“People who criticize the military on Facebook can submit letters to us,” Winthai said. “Army spokespeople are willing to mediate and create understanding.”

Hmmm! Do I keep my mouth shut, or should I volunteer to go to military prison for attitude adjustment?

43 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

'Any' inconvenience for 'your wedding' is a massive inconvenience for everyone else. Nobody cares.

I was in a restaurant a few years ago and a guy purposed to his missus. Everyone saw him get on one knee and just stopped what they were doing. I continued eating. Then everyone started clapping after she said yes, I got the eyes from my missus, so I had to put my knife and fork down and clap. I've never understood why people want to show off to a complete bunch of strangers. 

We've become a society of massively deluded narcissists. 

Chicks are really into this fairy tale nonsense.  They never learn. "He's different".  :laugh: 

His uniform decorations look like a joke. His wings, jumping once off a 20 foot tower. Give me a break! As a Vietnam Vet, this guy couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag!

Hey, steady on, he must have teally worked to get to the front of the NAAFI queue to earn that lot....

8 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Chicks are really into this fairy tale nonsense.  They never learn. "He's different".  :laugh: 

There's always a hip hop or rap song for when you need it lol

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, tomwct said:

I got a set of wings and a certificate for jumping from a tower but I was 65 when I did it, maybe I should start wearing it. 

"Lt. Col. Phitakphon told the media he only ordered a single lane closed. He also said he had obtained permission for the closure from local authorities."

And just how likely are they to no to someone with his power?

Nothing surprising here!!!!!! This sort of crap goes on every where in the LOS. ---- Weddings, Deaths, Motor Cycle shop promotions etc. etc. any excuse to set up a tent to block off a road. "THEY DON'T GIVE A SHlT"

Military wedding parade shuts down traffic, raises questions about privilege of authorities

By Coconuts Bangkok

9865.JPG

Photo: Warisa Sathirathanakorn/ Facebook

The lengthy traditional wedding parade of a highly-ranked military officer shut down traffic on the major Mitrapap Road in Khon Kaen during rush hour yesterday, enraging locals and raising questions about the abuse of power by authority figures.

The story was shared by Warisa Sathirathanakorn, a doctor who was late to work because of unexpected traffic. She claimed that the guests at the wedding, some of whom were in military uniform, selfishly shut down one lane of the road to park their cars, allowing only two lanes for the traffic.

“I talked to the cops, and they said it was a military wedding and they couldn’t do anything. What are citizens supposed to think?” she wrote.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/military-wedding-parade-shuts-traffic-raises-questions-privilege-authorities/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-6-9

If anyone needs a reminder that the military are here to stay, this is it. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. He is not in the slightest bit sorry for what he's done - in fact he and his fellow dictators are delighted at the message he has sent.

It is very telling, and quite remarkable, that this fellow feels he is entitled, and has the power, to close down a major road for his wedding. Quite extraordinary, in fact almost as extraordinary as getting married in his mess kit!