activating roaming from abroad

Hi all! 

Would anyone know the process to getting my truemove SIM to be activated for roaming when I am already in Australia? I can't seem to find any mobile networks on my phone. Is it because true doesn't have partners here? i doubt it. 

any info would help. Thanks!

I have generally found that whenever I enter a new country with my AIS SIM installed, I will get several text messages detailing available roaming package deals within minutes of turning my phone on.

When I get no such texts, I assume that AIS has no local partner.

On 6/10/2017 at 11:21 PM, dddave said:

I have generally found that whenever I enter a new country with my AIS SIM installed, I will get several text messages detailing available roaming package deals within minutes of turning my phone on.

When I get no such texts, I assume that AIS has no local partner.

I agree. Just went to Laos. I got several messages for raoming calls and roaming data.

AIS offers a call back service in case you need additional assistance.  *1318(country code)(destination number)#

Then wait for an incoming call. No idea if this is specific to Laos.

You might check this site. http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/en/

Edited by alocacoc

You have pre-paid? Or post-paid? The "rules" for international roaming can be more restrictive for post-paid customers.

Generally speaking international roaming must be enabled in Thailand before traveling. Each service provider has different requirements and methods for enabling this feature. Some providers even know when you are at the airport, and then send you the information you might need for IR.

For TrueMove H pre-paid I think you need to contact TrueMove H directly. So maybe try their web-based chat feature, Facebook contact details or ring +66 02-900-9000 from a working mobile/fixed-line in Australia.

I assume they have at least one large roaming partner in Australia. With an Android phone you can "see" the available networks which your handset may support, although you cannot "register" on them unless they are a partner, and you pass the process (can take up to 5 minutes). Settings, Wireless & networks, Cellular networks, Network operators