Ipod Scroll Key Not Working!

Lil_Jon

have you tried to reset it?

Hold down play + center button for 5 seconds

if that didn't work then i didn't remember it right and it's menu + center button for 5 seconds

if the soft reset didn't work, if you have itunes 7.0.x you can try the option "restore my ipod" warrning this will wipe all data off your ipod

If it still doesn't work after that you need to contact Apple and find a authorized service center or send it in to them, I hope it's still under warranty.

or it could be the already famous "glitch" that ensures you must buy a new one every few months...

word to the weary... switch to regular mp3 players. They make 'em just as easy to use, and there's no restrictions.

or it could be the already famous "glitch" that ensures you must buy a new one every few months...

word to the weary... switch to regular mp3 players. They make 'em just as easy to use, and there's no restrictions.

Whatever!!!! They have great products and I still have my first IPOD which is 4 years old and all I have done to it is replace the battery. My Gen 4 Ipod also works great after 16 months.

If you sell 70+ million of something then there are going to be a few problems and duds once in a while.

try the reset and restore procedures before panicking. A few years ago my Gen 2 Ipod acted really weird and I restored the software and good as new.

Ok this sounds kind of obvious...

but did you try turing HOLD on and off ?

dont tuch the scroll wheel while you do it.

the way the wheel works is: it measures the electric current of your finger.

when you turn hold off it recalibrates itself

I had exactly the same problem with my iPod...

another guy sugessted washing (CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!) the wheel with normal soap.

another one sugessted massaging the wheel with some hard but not too hard object (CAREFULL AGAIN the wheel is very sensitive DO NOT SCATCH IT!!!) he sugested to use a plastik pencap.

(not my fault if you ruin your iPod if it goes wrong)

I did both of these things before i got the idea to turn hold on and off (after i read the electricety thing somewhere) so i dont knwo which of these things actually did the job...

good luck

off-the-wall

I bought a bunch of MP3 players over the years; creative x 2, iaudio x 1. Finally I bought an ipod nano 2g 2GB and am extremely impressed with the sound quality, build quality and usefulness of the scroll wheel. Ok, so it has got restictions... but no worries compared to its overall very high quality. And I am not an ipod or apple fan.

Whatever!!!! They have great products and I still have my first IPOD which is 4 years old and all I have done to it is replace the battery. My Gen 4 Ipod also works great after 16 months.

If you sell 70+ million of something then there are going to be a few problems and duds once in a while.

try the reset and restore procedures before panicking. A few years ago my Gen 2 Ipod acted really weird and I restored the software and good as new.

:o:D

Fair 'nuff... I'm one of the Dark side anti apple'ists....

:D