Rossi "not very happy" with MotoGP's likely Thailand race

rooster59

On 2017-6-10 at 7:42 PM, Richard-BKK said:

For Valentino Rossi access to the race track probably means that he cannot land his plane close enough. With U-Tapao International Airport getting a upgrade this year that will maybe change…

Buriram has Airbus 321 and Boeing 737 landing - not ok? ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buriram_Airport#/editor/0

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-6-14 at 7:57 PM, Nickymaster said:

Another boring Tilke track. Yes I know not all his track designs are boring but most are.

Its possibly the best to look at from a spectators point of view - you see the whole circuit from nearly all seats. ?

I was three times there to look races and cannot second that.Lol[emoji16]
In comparison to Touristic places same Pattaya Phuket Bangkok Koh Samui Chiang Mai its less then Khon Kaen Udon Thani ect - its nearly no Night Life there, but surely has enough Restaurants.
Special in 2 big mostly deserted from customers shopping centers. [emoji4]
Hotels and rooms are limited and the Superbike WSB Championships filled them already!
Posdibly not enough rooms for Moto Gp [emoji48]

Not sure it's fair to compare it to places where tourism and nightlife is the main focus. But I disagree that there's no nightlife. There are plenty of places. You might want to find a new guide.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

The place will need a massive upgrade to accommodate a Moto GP sized crowd, no where near enough seats and will have to sell tickets on line ,not just the local 7 11/tesco lotus.

Buriram survived WSBK races - will handle MotoGp too. ??

48 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Not sure it's fair to compare it to places where tourism and nightlife is the main focus. But I disagree that there's no nightlife. There are plenty of places. You might want to find a new guide.

But Rossi did that with his sentences about Buriram and he is not wrong - with that - I live here in TH since 1998 and come here since 1990 - 

Buriram has by far a less active nightlife then Khon Kaen and Udon Thani and these cities cannot show much.?

Buriram has its Football team and the Circuit but that are mostly Thai frequented Spectacels - only a small Falang scene - so why should Buriram have a better Falang Oriented Nightlife anyway.

If you need a special Guide to find things - its already a assurance that there is only a small bit to find. ?

My guide and connection in Buriram is the Number 1 and leading Restaurant, regarding to TRIPADVISOR in Buriram the - Austrian - Schnitzelwirtin Restaurant Roman - he knows - the place and I know it too now.

Checked the few places out they had.

Not enough!☺

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/9851933?m=19905

But Rossi did that with his sentences about Buriram and he is not wrong - with that - I live here in TH since 1998 and come here since 1990 - 
Buriram has by far a less active nightlife then Khon Kaen and Udon Thani and these cities cannot show much.[emoji4]
Buriram has its Football team and the Circuit but that are mostly Thai frequented Spectacels - only a small Falang scene - so why should Buriram have a better Falang Oriented Nightlife anyway.
If you need a special Guide to find things - its already a assurance that there is only a small bit to find. [emoji6]

My guide and connection in Buriram is the Number 1 and leading Restaurant, regarding to TRIPADVISOR in Buriram the - Austrian - Schnitzelwirtin Restaurant Roman - he knows - the place and I know it too now.
Checked the few places out they had.
Not enough![emoji5]
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/9851933?m=19905

There are lots of restaurants opening every month and some are very good. Nightlife is a different thing. There are now lots of pubs and clubs. Come visit. You'll enjoy it.

Its possibly the best to look at from a spectators point of view - you see the whole circuit from nearly all seats. [emoji3]

You see the whole boring track from your seat. So? I watched the Wsbk race from behind my tv and it was... boring. Thais are obsessed with straight line speed. And speed in general. Hence the many straights. Location, facilities and track or all not worthy of having a Motogp race imo.

6 hours ago, Nickymaster said:

You see the whole boring track from your seat. So? I watched the Wsbk race from behind my tv and it was... boring. Thais are obsessed with straight line speed. And speed in general. Hence the many straights. Location, facilities and track or all not worthy of having a Motogp race imo.

WSBK is boring on any track since long - nothing with Buriram to do - WSS usually better. The new 300 class is even better similar to Moto 3.

The drivers make the race entertaining not the track - for years I did not see interesting WSBK races or F 1 races on any track.

Usually any Moto 3 race and KTM Red Bull Rookies Cup race is good - whatever track - so let them drive and we see and talk again.  ?

Debating the pros and cons of Buriram's perceived suitability to host this event is fine, but you must remember, Mr Newin is a wealthy entrepeneur that had the balls to spend a bucketload of cash and develop this circuit in his own home Province.

Well done to him, I say.

Other entrepeneurs from more affluent, perhaps more suitable Provinces apparently had no desire to build such a venue. Bad luck.

The reality is, MotoGP and World Super Bikes would be a non event for Thailand, had this Buriram track not been built.

On 2017-06-18 at 8:40 AM, Nickymaster said:

Hermann Tilke is Thai?

Car or Bike , Circuit Races here don't have the same feel , shallow, somehow. No names want to come here, unlike say Macow when the SaloonRacers come over in force. Last time I went there Smokin Joe Winclehoff was ripping the mirrors of a BMW. Just can't enjoy it here,or it's just me. Must say the Amatur Scramblers get stuck in though.?[emoji965]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 2017-6-19 at 4:43 PM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Moto GP will attract at least 3 times the spectators, you still sand by your comment?? and no where near enough grandstand seats.

I doubt the 3 times more spectators - as the last WSBK event was nearly sold out or was sold out.

As far as I know is it possible that more Tribunes will be built to extend capacity.

If it is sold out - good. 

??

14 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Car or Bike , Circuit Races here don't have the same feel , shallow, somehow. No names want to come here, unlike say Macow when the SaloonRacers come over in force. Last time I went there Smokin Joe Winclehoff was ripping the mirrors of a BMW. Just can't enjoy it here,or it's just me. Must say the Amatur Scramblers get stuck in though.?emoji965.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I was many times in SEPANG Kuala Lumpur similar to Buriram only more long and more long straights - you can maximum see 50 % of the circuit -but I enjoyed it always.

I will enjoy also Buriram! ???