Anyone else having internet problems?

heybruce

My 3BB has been down since early afternoon.  I called and they said they had unspecified equipment problems affecting the Suthep area  They couldn't give me an estimate for getting internet back.

In addition, my usually reliable 3G backup has been up and down all day.  Is that a coincidence, or is there some kind of problem affecting all internet in the area?

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Fiber tests might explain my 3G problems.  3BB is back up after being out for 24 hours, hopefully it will stay up.

I posted too soon; I lost internet again less than an hour after posting.  It's back up, once again I hope it will stay that way.

I was having 3BB problems last month (these issues were obviously not related to my modem or computer)- I called them, and a tech was sent out within hours who checked the main junction box in my neighborhood (two streets away from my house), determined it had a fault, and swapped it out- no problems since then.

Give 'em a call- they'll send someone out- I've been very happy with 3BB tech support over the many years I've been using them (slipping the guy 100b helps a lot- I can now call the local technician directly, which really speeds things up).

Edited by flare

6 hours ago, flare said:

I was having 3BB problems last month (these issues were obviously not related to my modem or computer)- I called them, and a tech was sent out within hours who checked the main junction box in my neighborhood (two streets away from my house), determined it had a fault, and swapped it out- no problems since then.

Give 'em a call- they'll send someone out- I've been very happy with 3BB tech support over the many years I've been using them (slipping the guy 100b helps a lot- I can now call the local technician directly, which really speeds things up).

I made a total of three calls over 24 hours, each time I was told there were unspecified power problems in the Suthep area.  I have no idea how this could cause the internet to come up for brief periods then go down for extended periods. 

Internet has been back up for almost 24 hours now, hopefully the problem has been resolved.

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I had constant problems with 3BB going down where I live on 121 just south of San Sai.  Switched to AIS fiber optic 2 months ago.  Not a single problem since then. 

Same here in Sanpuloei, 3BB would be OK for some time, then slow, then sluggish, then back to normal and so on... Switched to AIS Fiber out of frustration, and so far so good.

Phil

8 hours ago, heybruce said:

I made a total of three calls over 24 hours, each time I was told there were unspecified power problems in the Suthep area.  I have no idea how this could cause the internet to come up for brief periods then go down for extended periods. 

Internet has been back up for almost 24 hours now, hopefully the problem has been resolved.

CAT: six hours after determining the fault by the technician, nothing was done.

Edited by KKr

10 hours ago, pilou said:

Same here in Sanpuloei, 3BB would be OK for some time, then slow, then sluggish, then back to normal and so on... Switched to AIS Fiber out of frustration, and so far so good.

Phil

I learned early on that "best internet" is location dependent, and often a temporary condition.  In my current location 3BB worked fine for years, much better than True or TOT.  If last weekends problems are a one-off I'll stick with 3BB, if they become a recurring problem I will once again have to find the currently best internet for my location.

I had True and 3BB side-by-side for a while (free True trial, so I have it a shot)- I tried several experiments downloading the same files (like torrents)- with roughly the same Modem Speed Test numbers, 3BB crushed True (which seems to throttle certain types of downloads) by speeds literally 10x faster in some cases.  How is it with other providers?

• 1 month later...

I am going to cancel my internet servicer (True) and am looking at either 3BB or Sinet or AIS. I live in Land & Houses off of Chiangmai-Maejo Rd.  My principle usage is streaming video from the US.  I am asking for anyone to chime in with their current experiences with 3BB (or SINET or AIS).

Thanks.

1 hour ago, jeffandgop said:

I am going to cancel my internet servicer (True) and am looking at either 3BB or Sinet or AIS. I live in Land & Houses off of Chiangmai-Maejo Rd.  My principle usage is streaming video from the US.  I am asking for anyone to chime in with their current experiences with 3BB (or SINET or AIS).

Thanks.

3BB Fiber.  I don't think this package is available anymore.  I transferred from a Premiere Package years ago.  But the results I get are the best I have had in all the isp's I have used.  I am on the other side of the city from you, though.

Download Speed: 324603 kbps (40575.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 160922 kbps (20115.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 11 ms
‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017‎ ‎7‎:‎22‎:‎50‎ ‎AM

2 hours ago, hml367 said:

3BB Fiber.  I don't think this package is available anymore.  I transferred from a Premiere Package years ago.  But the results I get are the best I have had in all the isp's I have used.  I am on the other side of the city from you, though.

Download Speed: 324603 kbps (40575.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 160922 kbps (20115.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 11 ms
‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017‎ ‎7‎:‎22‎:‎50‎ ‎AM

Thanks for the info

We were paying our 3 BB bill last Friday at Tesco, Hang Dong Rd when the counter girl said she could upgrade us to the next level (we were currently on the lowest priced package ) for no extra cost.I of course being a cynic asked why ? She said "we want to keep existing customers happy" Only obligation was to sign a 2 yr contract and as we don't plan to move and have been very happy with the service to date we went ahead.

Were given a new, larger modem and a receipt which showed 30m/10m.

We were asked to return the old modem which we did this morning.We were told that the upgraded speed would be available in 2-3 days from signing the contract so I guess time will tell.

Please don't ask me any technical questions. I am a dinasour when it comes to anything to do with modern communication.Anytime we have had a problem with 3 BB the service no has been answered immediately and the reason given,cable down  ,that about twice in 5 years