Repair/warranty : advice needed

eeyang wah

Bought an expensive kitchen appliance from Robinsons, it worked perfectly for 3-4 months then suddenly broke. 

Took it back to Robinsons they said take it to manufacturer's repair shop. Repair shop said no problem, it has a one year warranty, we'll fix it and call you to collect in about 2 weeks. 

2 months later I start wondering where it is and call the shop. They say it was never broken and works perfectly, and I must be using it wrong. 

So that means either they haven't tested it fully and found the fault, or they have found the fault but can't fix it and are trying to save face. Grrrr.

That's the situation as it stands today. I'm sure that when I get it home it will still be broken and knowing Thailand I'm sure I'm about to be given the run-around.

Any suggestions of the best way to proceed from here?

Unfortunately I can't show them the fault in the shop as it requires hours and ingredients to demonstrate.

I'd be waiting to get it home & try it before just assuming it isn't repaired or working correctly. Ask the repair guys to show you how to operate it correctly.

And you waited 2 months to follow up ???

It's a bread cooking machine and the device that adds ingredients towards the end of cooking has failed. Takes about 4-5 hours for this to activate. 

Would like to wait until I get home and test it but that's a 4 hour round-trip. And I know it's broken because it worked perfectly for months then failed 4 times in a row, and the shop said they have not fixed anything.

Did not deliberately wait 2 months, I just have a very busy life.

Anyway, the point is I can smell the usual BS run-around coming and wondering if anyone has any suggestions how to avoid it?

Edited by eeyang wah

This is why I always buy from Tesco or BigC, or even the expensive department stores. Their customer service is superb. Take it back, refund. 

I bought some shoes from one of those places, took them back and got a refund.

1 hour ago, t8769 said:

This is why I always buy from Tesco or BigC, or even the expensive department stores. Their customer service is superb. Take it back, refund. 

I bought some shoes from one of those places, took them back and got a refund.

That might be worth a try! Thank you.

i think with Tesco/Big C etc    there is a 7 day  time limit   for returns /refunds  other wise  its a repair situation   but they handle that in store in line with the warranty schedule

10 hours ago, eeyang wah said:

It's a bread cooking machine and the device that adds ingredients towards the end of cooking has failed. Takes about 4-5 hours for this to activate. 

Would like to wait until I get home and test it but that's a 4 hour round-trip. And I know it's broken because it worked perfectly for months then failed 4 times in a row, and the shop said they have not fixed anything.

Did not deliberately wait 2 months, I just have a very busy life.

Anyway, the point is I can smell the usual BS run-around coming and wondering if anyone has any suggestions how to avoid it?

I'm trying to think what type of bread might take 4-5 hours to bake...

Anyway, my suggestion ...

Take the ingredients to the repair shop. Load them into the machine there. Tell them you will come back in 5 hours to collect your machine - and your perfectly baked loaf of bread.

22 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Take the ingredients to the repair shop. Load them into the machine there. Tell them you will come back in 5 hours to collect your machine - and your perfectly baked loaf of bread.

Great idea thank you. Unfortunately it turns out they don't do the repairs there but send it to Bangkok to be fixed. Collected it today and will test it tomorrow. If it doesn't work I'll try my luck exchanging it at Robinsons