Ceiling fans (2017)

nss70

Hi folks,

I've read the rather old threads on here regarding ceiling fans and was wondering if there were any significant updates?

I'm in need of a few (min. 3, max. 9). 3 are for one large space and will be replacing 3 naff remote control ones that are the most ineffective I've ever experienced.

I'd prefer the simpler manual control, without light, pull cords or control box if I must. Composite blades to avoid rusting and of course ones that can produce an effective down force of air movement (can accomodate large diamater blades). I don't want the orbital oscillator types (despite working well) on aesthetic grounds.

Mail order or available on Phuket.

Personal recommendations eagerly awaited.

Cheers.

Edited by nss70

The most effective ones are the ones you xont want.  I have tried many over yhe years but the oscillations ones are far more effective combined with a good switch box on the wall, you can set them not to oscillate in a fixed position.

"I've read the rather old threads on here regarding ceiling fans and was wondering if there were any significant updates?"

Not for the 2017 models but if you wait for the 2018 models they've got some unbelievable technological advancements built into them. They will blow your mind away dude!

On 16/06/2017 at 9:01 AM, bbi1 said:

Not for the 2017 models but if you wait for the 2018 models they've got some unbelievable technological advancements built into them. They will blow your mind away dude!

I had a google but didn't find anything answering to your description. Any chance of a link or two? (Mind not blown :wacko: )

Thanks

Just now, nss70 said:

I had a google but didn't find anything answering to your description. Any chance of a link or two? (Mind not blown :wacko: )

Thanks

The problem is you're using the wrong search engine. You've got to use Yahoo to find that info. I don't want to copy & paste the info because I might be accused of plagiarism.