Do you have a problem with your condo or moobahn pool

sappersrest

Do you have a problem with common area pools be it with  in condos or shared facilities in moobahns.

There is a wealth of expertise in this forum who may be able to help. However you must supply as much info as possible .

Pool size  volume if possible type of disinfection  and most importantly as many photos  as you can possibly take of pool plant room filters etc.

We are not interested in any legal or contractual issues just  the facts.At some time in the near future I will try and produce a questionnaire  so as only the facts are considered.

Happy and safe swimming to you all.

Let me kick this off. It relates to pool light installation. It is not my pool but a pool in the hotel/gym/spar I recently stayed at in Pattaya.

The pool is a beautiful overflow type, with as spar at the top, and waterfall from the spar to the pool. It has a surrounding sauna and steam room near the spar.
The pebble-wash pool surround finish houses the pool light boxes, but the pool water overflow is at the same height as the boxes. Wouldn't that mean the connection wires are in water?
I have seen the same set up in a few hotel/resort pools.

Is the installation wrong?

Picture coming soon.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

On 13/06/2017 at 11:41 AM, carlyai said:

Let me kick this off. It relates to pool light installation. It is not my pool but a pool in the hotel/gym/spar I recently stayed at in Pattaya.

The pool is a beautiful overflow type, with as spar at the top, and waterfall from the spar to the pool. It has a surrounding sauna and steam room near the spar.
The pebble-wash pool surround finish houses the pool light boxes, but the pool water overflow is at the same height as the boxes. Wouldn't that mean the connection wires are in water?
I have seen the same set up in a few hotel/resort pools.

Is the installation wrong?

Picture coming soon.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

The junction boxes are supposed to be watertight. I have seen many that are not although it could be they were originally.

if the lights are low voltage about 12 volts like they should be it doesn't matter whether the wires are wet or not. i remember swimming in a pool in india with the electrician also in the pool working on the live lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived