PM Prayut thanks teen singer Lamyai after criticising her suggestive moves

webfact

PM thanks teen singer Lamyai after criticising her suggestive moves
By The Nation

72983a071477b7cb1399f2ff8e8445d0.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Government Spokesman Maj-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha thanked teenage singer Lamyai and her supporters for their understanding over his desire to improve the singer's image following his criticism of her seductive dancing.

Sansern said Lamyai should be better behaved so as to set a good example for youngsters.

He said serious crimes including rape resulted from such seductive behaviour and the problem should be tackled at the root cause.

"Thailand is rich of culture and by saying it’s popular everywhere is not a good excuse,” he said.

“They should prove themselves by showing talent, not by challenging norms like this." said Sansern.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30317961

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-13

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a coverup job ! rape and it's cause is a root ! or was it a root can cause rape ! either way it caused by seductive behaviour !!! Hmmm no more then 3 pelvic thrusts and skimpy shorts like to see that enforced !

18 minutes ago, JoePai said:

He (Boss Hog that is) said serious crimes including rape resulted from such seductive behaviour

Oh dear, I do not know where to start with this nonsense  :ohmy:

A generals' scope of mind: NO sex, NO drugs, NO Rock 'n' roll. Don't even try to understand...

Prayuth Criticizes Teen Singer’s Sexy Dancing, Blames Farangs

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

final-lumyai2.gif

BANGKOK — The owner of a record label representing teen luk thung singer Lumyai Hai Thongkam, said criticism of her dancing by the prime minister shows he is out of touch.

Prachakchai Navarat, owner of Hai Thongkum Records said the sexual dance moves criticized recently by Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha as inappropriate and not Thai, were not new in any sense.

“I want to ask, is Lumyai really destroying society? This kind of thing has been happening way before she was famous, in lum sing, coyote, Korean and American dancing,” Prachakchai said. “Please don’t think of this as something inappropriate.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/06/13/prayuth-criticizes-teen-singers-sexy-dancing-blames-farangs/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-13

Yes of course..blame farangs..It could never be a Thai's fault for wanting to emulate other cultures that they feel may bring success into their lives.....So should we also blame farangs for the goings on at Pat Pong, Soi Cowboy, Nana, Bangla Rd in Phuket, Pattaya

Edited by Lingba

Nice to see PM concerned with moral standards.

I'm not sure if he sees the irony of his comments.

Seductive behaviour

Challenging the norms

Setting a good example for youngsters

Tackling serious crimes at the root level

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

He (Boss Hog that is) said serious crimes including rape resulted from such seductive behaviour

Oh dear, I do not know where to start with this nonsense  :ohmy:

No lesson learned from the backlash he got with a similar comment following the slaughter of Hannah Witheridge.

So utterly clueless and out of touch. The only place in the world female singers/dancers dance like that IS in Thailand - it isn't 'farang' dancing. And there's no farangs in the crowd at these gigs cos the music is, with a few exceptions, utterly dreadful.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

If he really wants to help Thai culture how about incentives to teach Thais how to dance.  These Lumyai/coyote type dancers have about 5 moves and they all do the same moves. Mostly it's just shaking their parts and going back and forth, maybe some arm waving in there once in a while.

There is an unlimited supply of excellent dance content on YouTube, they only need to copy it  and copying is the national pastime anyhow.

7 minutes ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

So utterly clueless and out of touch. The only place in the world female singers/dancers dance like that IS in Thailand - it isn't 'farang' dancing. And there's no farangs in the crowd at these gigs cos the music is, with a few exceptions, utterly dreadful.

I'd give you extra likes for that if I could.

2 hours ago, tracker1 said:

It was a coverup job ! rape and it's cause is a root ! or was it a root can cause rape ! either way it caused by seductive behaviour !!! Hmmm no more then 3 pelvic thrusts and skimpy shorts like to see that enforced !

Mr PM is so awesome...

3 thrusts only now, expecting rape rate to drop by 99% within a week...

Bravo!! :saai:

1 hour ago, Lingba said:

Yes of course..blame farangs..It could never be a Thai's fault for wanting to emulate other cultures that they feel may bring success into their lives.....So should we also blame farangs for the goings on at Pat Pong, Soi Cowboy, Nana, Bangla Rd in Phuket, Pattaya

The soldiers helping the police out have already found both places with sexy dancers in Phuket, so you can remove Phuket from your list, it's all good now.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said serious crimes including rape resulted from such seductive behaviour and the problem should be tackled at the root cause.

Dancing is not the root cause of rape.

Rapist scum are.

1 hour ago, Lingba said:

Agreed in principle, but in fact, go-go dancing originated in the 1960s in New York City at the Peppermint Lounge. and was probably imported to Thailand by those great guys the G.I.s fighting in the  Vietnam War. Probably started in Pattaya under a straw roof hut then Tahiti Quen and the rest is history.

The goings on in those entertainment centres mainly cater to farangs, so it is in a way due to farangs. No farangs, no go-go.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Prayuth Criticizes Teen Singer’s Sexy Dancing, Blames Farangs

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

final-lumyai2.gif

BANGKOK — The owner of a record label representing teen luk thung singer Lumyai Hai Thongkam, said criticism of her dancing by the prime minister shows he is out of touch.

Prachakchai Navarat, owner of Hai Thongkum Records said the sexual dance moves criticized recently by Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha as inappropriate and not Thai, were not new in any sense.

“I want to ask, is Lumyai really destroying society? This kind of thing has been happening way before she was famous, in lum sing, coyote, Korean and American dancing,” Prachakchai said. “Please don’t think of this as something inappropriate.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/06/13/prayuth-criticizes-teen-singers-sexy-dancing-blames-farangs/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-13

a few eyebrows were raised on previous posts but once again, it looks that the top brass of thai governance seem to manifest a certain level of hostility towards farangs???....if this is true, why risk further and invest in a house or condo with a risk of getting hassled daily? ...no offenses please, just a thought..!!...intelligent answers would be nice, rather then the usual troll "go back home then"..:cheesy:

Edited by observer90210

Who cares what a man who still lives in the dark ages thinks ?   Sadly there are still many Thai's who think that kissing a girl in public is still a disgusting act and it's people like him who encourage such Thai thinking.

One day Thailand might grow up and be part of the modern world....but doubtful in my lifetime !

17 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

but one must admit that she is hot!!:post-4641-1156694572: 

Has twerking arrived in Thailand yet?

I'd like to see her twerking on stage!!

What would C-o-Ch make of that!?

There are two 'sayings' uttered by Thais in English and probably have standing to be national 'mottoes' whether spoken in Thai or English. These sayings are: "Thank you for understanding me", and "Don't think too much".  In the case of the junta, these sayings could be easily combined for efficiency to be: "Don't think too much and you will understand me."

I used to think xenophobia about farangs was bad in Myanmar but it would appear that the PM wants to pull Thailand back in time to some some sort of Thai culture fantasy land.

As for the connection between 'suggestive' dancing and 'rape', it is completely absurd. The treatment of women in Thai culture is embodied in almost every lakhorn episode on the nightly telly.  And rape is a constant theme.  And maybe the PM should consider the number of women in the junta appointed bodies (NLA, etc.).  As the Micheal Jackson song goes, "I'm starting with the man in the mirror."

After viewing the video clips with the Khaosod article, who could EVER say that Thailand and its performers don't make a valuable contribution to the world of performing arts???  They should be saying, I'm proud to be Thai and shaking my @@@ for a living!!!

As for the rest, well, some people are just twerks!  :tongue:

rich of culture

That is a joke try no culture or standards after this lot sized power its simply become a lawless society and backward thinking as they spend all there time on sorting out crap like this and facebook likes power hungry little men that have all but killed a beautiful country. SH>>>Elites

Pathetic comment again since this sort of dancing has been going on in northern Thailand for eons. In fact they probably exported it. But ultra xenophobic Prayut wants to blame foreigners yet again. It is becoming a farce. Actually he is not xenophic but rather blatantly trying to drum up and tap into the nationalistic fervour brainwashed in at school for his own ends it seems to me.

I have attended several festivals and all performed at various wat near to where I live.

All have live music and and rotating shifts of lead singers and dancers.

The Thai rock and roll music I saw performed there is ok by me as was the suggestive moves and sexy outfits worn.

My wife, normally always jealous smiled and said I could look but not touch.

I will lastly note that all the monks were screened away from the dancers.

I can't see this going away, the villagers love the festivals and the "superstar" performers.