PM Prayut thanks teen singer Lamyai after criticising her suggestive moves

webfact

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it's a problem created by THE FARANGS...

it has nothing to do with the lack of Thai morals,

the fact it's OK for their daughters to become whores

as long as they send money home. Males that think

it is fine,to have gfs when they can't support their own

children,  it's OK to SELL your 18year old daughter to 

some 60 year old foreigner as long as He has money.

Yes it,is all the FARANG's fault!!

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Prayuth Criticizes Teen Singer’s Sexy Dancing, Blames Farangs

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

final-lumyai2.gif

BANGKOK — The owner of a record label representing teen luk thung singer Lumyai Hai Thongkam, said criticism of her dancing by the prime minister shows he is out of touch.

Prachakchai Navarat, owner of Hai Thongkum Records said the sexual dance moves criticized recently by Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha as inappropriate and not Thai, were not new in any sense.

“I want to ask, is Lumyai really destroying society? This kind of thing has been happening way before she was famous, in lum sing, coyote, Korean and American dancing,” Prachakchai said. “Please don’t think of this as something inappropriate.”

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2017/06/13/prayuth-criticizes-teen-singers-sexy-dancing-blames-farangs/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-13

As they celebrate skyrocketing record sales thanks to the free front page publicity. Hahahaha. So, now don't blame farangs, thank the Prime Minister. 

15 hours ago, electric said:

Nice to see PM concerned with moral standards.

I'm not sure if he sees the irony of his comments.

Seductive behaviour

Challenging the norms

Setting a good example for youngsters

Tackling serious crimes at the root level

Some guys, especially those in the spotlight, are just jealous! Can't be seen with a hardstick, no sir, not good

Class action lawsuit anyone? Defamation. I am a Farang and i know i have nothing to do with this.

Its Thailand. Next time before becoming PM through the threat of violence why dont you get out more.... Learn about your own country? Fag!

This pm could only get to where he is in a corrupt cowardly country like this. Thais should be ashamed and embarassed. Wouldnt last 5minutes anywhere else.

17 hours ago, JoePai said:

He (Boss Hog that is) said serious crimes including rape resulted from such seductive behaviour

Oh dear, I do not know where to start with this nonsense  :ohmy:

Thats why young school girls have short hair so thais know cant touch. If he not happy then close nana plaza. Soi coyboy. Pat pong. Bangla in phuket and of course thailand number 1 tourist attraction pattaya. Most owned by high up thai maffia

Edited by helloagain
wron spell

17 hours ago, JoePai said:

He (Boss Hog that is) said serious crimes including rape resulted from such seductive behaviour

Oh dear, I do not know where to start with this nonsense  :ohmy:

Has he been talking with Trump on messenger again?

This sounds very much like the ranting of a man with no self confidence - is he aggressive because he knows 'Numwa' bananas are shorter than the varieties in western supermarkets?

13 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Pathetic comment again since this sort of dancing has been going on in northern Thailand for eons. In fact they probably exported it. But ultra xenophobic Prayut wants to blame foreigners yet again. It is becoming a farce. Actually he is not xenophic but rather blatantly trying to drum up and tap into the nationalistic fervour brainwashed in at school for his own ends it seems to me.

North east not in the north, it comes from Morlam and not been going on for eons at all. Lam cing is largely responsible for this style of dance and that is only 30 years old. Hang Kruan dance review only stated with luktung singers in the early 60's. What does have a longer history is PM manipulating 'Thai' popular culture. One even invented ramwong dance to bolster national identity, 1940's

Edited by Orton Rd

So it is a defense in court for a man to say he raped a woman because she was dressed and dancing seductively?

What if a woman thought a tight soldier or police officers uniform was seductive. It would be whose fault they were raped? 

How did the farang make her dance like that?

Also if you look on fb you will see some really crazy, provacative dancing that a farang would never do. Where did they get that idea?

15 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

So utterly clueless and out of touch. The only place in the world female singers/dancers dance like that IS in Thailand - it isn't 'farang' dancing. And there's no farangs in the crowd at these gigs cos the music is, with a few exceptions, utterly dreadful.

If you had ever been one one of her concerts you might have noticed that some of her biggest fans are Japanese, and that there are foreigners around. 

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

If he really wants to help Thai culture how about incentives to teach Thais how to dance.  These Lumyai/coyote type dancers have about 5 moves and they all do the same moves. Mostly it's just shaking their parts and going back and forth, maybe some arm waving in there once in a while.

There is an unlimited supply of excellent dance content on YouTube, they only need to copy it  and copying is the national pastime anyhow.

Couldn't have put it better myself. She's just a gogo dancer who sings, not much better than karaoke. Probably too lazy to do anything but get by on her looks and the attention she gets with those tired, but effective, moves

Good luck this country has no other problems ....... 

And yes, blame it on the Farangs while there are some left; the Farang tourism flow has trickled away, expatriates are moving by the dozens and the retirees are sick and tired of all those funny nonsense laws like TM30 and the 90-days reporting. Hence yeah, blame it on the Farangs while there is at least one left - pathetic! 

Edited by Sydebolle

Please Mr PM, can you induce article 44 to get the girl singing and dancing lessons?

And maybe, just maybe get better music?

The moves of the girl?

Pathetic

The singing?

Awful.

The music?

What music?

Seems to me that the PM needs to visit the NE and attend the 'Lam Sing' concerts around the villages. And view the 'energetic dance' moves of the teenage artists and perhaps the references to private parts in the songs !

Edited by Humpy
unfinished,,,, finger trouble !

Prayut is setting a great example. What we need to see are more infantry soldiers doing their perfect drill routines and bringing cohesion to society.

Get some discipline back into the Thai working classes!  :cool:

3 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Seems to me that the PM needs to visit the NE and attend the 'Lam Sing' concerts around the villages. a

Lam cing, not sing, from the English word racing to denote the fast non stop delivery 

22 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

DSCF4138.JPG

DSCF4130.JPG

DSCF4129.JPG

Jeez but I hate those fake contact lenses. Thai girls have such beautiful eyes, no need of 'enhancement'.  More bad examples for today's Thai youth. Get her out of those clothes (ahem) and into a military uniform. She should be setting a good example for youngsters! 

In the 1950s when Elvis Presley hit, it was rock and roll that was the big threat to our society, the gyrations of the dances, "leading to debauchery, degenerate behavior, rape," you name it. In the 60s-70s-80s  I myself was a rock and roll musician, in the midst of the debauchery of the day. Sex, drugs, rock and roll. But it was the musicians that got the sex. not the audiences. 60 years later, same same Thailand, sexy dance will cause rape and debauchery, and all the usual ignorant male attitude. Comments by Prayuth reflect his backward thinking, it's no surprise the country is not moving forward. What she does is (to me) pretty mediocre gogo dancing / karaoke on a bigger stage. Yawwwnnn. Takes more than shaking an ass in my face to impress me. I like a singer named Baitong Changamm from Laos. Now THAT'S not only talent, but class. If our young lady wanted to develop talent she could. But if she likes the attention she gets without having to work hard, then lazy is as lazy does. She can get up there in her skivvies, underwear, bikini, loincloth, twitch a little, bend over, spread her legs, and the guys will drool, like they do in the gogo bars. She can make her money and maybe save it for her future. Or support her family. Her body will age, and then will she have talent? I like her voice, but wow, she wears gym shorts while the rest of the group dresses like hollywood. Like one of the other commenters said, there are plenty of good examples of good performing on youtube for anyone with any real aspirations to learn from.