Appeal launched to help desperately poor girl who is top of the class

webfact

Appeal launched to help desperately poor girl who is top of the class

4pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

CHAINAT: -- Thai Rath have reported on the story of a very poor girl but highly talented student in Chainat who needs help.

Nong Earn - or 16 year old Sasithorn Nuchyoo - has been top of the grade for the past three years and shows enormous talent in music.

But there are fears that if her educational needs are not met in the future she may have to quit her studies and lose what looks like a bright future.

Earn lives in a ramshackle dwelling with her father who cannot work due to kidney disease. He mum has left home and sends just 300-500 baht a month to take care of her and her dad.

This hardly makes a dent in their needs and they live on handouts from welfare and charitable organizations.

Earn has had an educational bursary for many years but this may not continue for much longer.

Reporters from Thai Rath caught up with the popular student at Kuruprachasan School in Chainat yesterday - when they arrived she was expertly answering questions in English class.

Her music teacher Surapong Pinkaew, 37, said that Nong Earn was an unusual talent and was adored by everyone. She came from a very poor background, he said.

He said that she showed great skill at the clarinet, a difficult instrument to master. She had persevered and always represented the school at public functions from weddings to funerals.

She has been named as the top student in each of the last three school years and is now studying in M4. Including this year she has three more to go before seeking further education.

But it is not certain where the money for that and her other needs could come from so Thai Rath have issued an appeal for help.

Donations can be made to an account in her own name: Sasithorn Nuchyoo 0202 1971 3839, Ormsin Bank, Sangkhaburi branch, Chainat.

Or those interested in helping Earn can contact her school during regular hours on 056 481439.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-14

Hang on a minute! Poor people can be clever? Imagine if the government were to invest in these poor people they love so dearly for the 'betterment' of the country. Thailand could be like any other developed country. 

And there was me thinking Thailand only had poor people because of their unique culture. 

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Hang on a minute! Poor people can be clever? Imagine if the government were to invest in these poor people they love so dearly for the 'betterment' of the country. Thailand could be like any other developed country. 

And there was me thinking Thailand only had poor people because of their unique culture. 

Anytime now.. after we finished paying the submarines.... :sick: :saai:

and so the floodgate finally opens.. so now its up to us, we give to her, then give to another gifted stduent and another ,and then what???,..who gets help and who will not???.now its not the sytems problem anymore..as we  have stepped up to solve this with our charity..and when it gets corrupted and abused ???and it will !!!!...between a rock and a hard place....let your heart be your guide...

13 minutes ago, mok199 said:

and so the floodgate finally opens.. so now its up to us, we give to her, then give to another gifted stduent and another ,and then what???,..who gets help and who will not???.now its not the sytems problem anymore..as we  have stepped up to solve this with our charity..and when it gets corrupted and abused ???and it will !!!!...between a rock and a hard place....let your heart be your guide...

A rock and a hard place both being your heart? It's pretty simple really, its not obligatory to give. So you are excused.

15 minutes ago, mok199 said:

I appreciate your 'sarcasm', and wonder just how much the barons of commerce in Bangkok will donate.

The Red Bull family could help by donating 1 hour's interest on their wealth. Just joking. :cheesy:

I hope this young lady comes out of this well and wonder about the thousands of others who also live in dire circumstances, but there are far more pressing needs in Thailand than catering to the poor. HS trains, subs, tanks and government excesses. 

21 minutes ago, mok199 said:

Lol. Thai will donate too! Many thai i know do charity. Many moderately rich thai are not psiko-hisos but decent hardworking folks. I gave the equivalent of 2 pints in my homepub to a friend short in cash yesterday. Its not a loan. Its a gift. He never asked. I dont need any begging. 2 pints lol. My buddy will now be able to do some much needed repair to his 18 year old wave. I feel great he will be on a safe bike!

4 hours ago, mok199 said:

Two men were walking down the beach at low tide. Hundreds of starfish were dying in the hot sun. One man walked over, picked up a starfish, and threw it back into the water.
Other man said "Look at all of them  dying here. What difference does tossing one back make?"

"It makes a difference to that starfish" his friend replied.

5 hours ago, Displaynameinusebyanotherm said:

Lol. Thai will donate too! Many thai i know do charity. Many moderately rich thai are not psiko-hisos but decent hardworking folks. I gave the equivalent of 2 pints in my homepub to a friend short in cash yesterday. Its not a loan. Its a gift. He never asked. I dont need any begging. 2 pints lol. My buddy will now be able to do some much needed repair to his 18 year old wave. I feel great he will be on a safe bike!

by ''us'' i meant ,thaivisa ,facebook,online viewers,people in their homes trying to escape the begging etc etc..etc.....''someone cant help everyone but everyone can help someone.''choose your ''someone ''wisley...as the line is long

Edited by mok199
s

"Earn has had an educational bursary for many years but this may not continue for much longer."

She currently gets a grant for school. And she might get one to continue education. Someone only needs to point them in the right direction.

5 hours ago, carbine1125 said:

A rock and a hard place both being your heart? It's pretty simple really, its not obligatory to give. So you are excused.

never judge...and remember, ''someone cant help everyone but everyone can help someone''..choose your someone wisely....unless mabey YOU are rich,as I am not and care for many now....have a good day sir

There are a considerable number of very very wealthy "public servants" and politicians in this country. Could one or more of those mega wealthy persons not manage to do something positive for a change? 

That's before the even richer controllers of all the business are considered.

Of course, in any real forward thinking world class nation, money is not a moderator of accessibility to learning. (Someone should tell the UK Tory party that too!).

8 hours ago, CantSpell said:

Anytime now.. after we finished paying the submarines.... :sick: :saai:

Sorry but the military just purchased 34 armored personnel carriers from China that for Bt2.3 billion. 

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/987746-thai-cabinet-nod-for-bt23-bn-armoured-carriers-deal-with-china/?utm_source=newsletter-20170614-1341&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Prayut felt that having a big modern army is important to have nations fear Thailand.

Who fears music?

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

There are a considerable number of very very wealthy "public servants" and politicians in this country. Could one or more of those mega wealthy persons not manage to do something positive for a change? 

That's before the even richer controllers of all the business are considered.

Of course, in any real forward thinking world class nation, money is not a moderator of accessibility to learning. (Someone should tell the UK Tory party that too!).

I predict after all this media coverage,some failing pop star will step up (with cameras blazing) an grab some attention....''never let a good sad story go to waste''...

I predict after all this media coverage,some failing pop star will step up (with cameras blazing) an grab some attention....''never let a good sad story go to waste''...

If it helps her stay in school, which is the only positive in what otherwise sounds a pretty awful life why not?

11 hours ago, thequietman said:

You can donate directly into her bank account. Read the article again please, then send something. I have.

Very commendable I will do the same to equal value should you care to send a copy of your deposit slip showing the amount you have donated. Redact your name of course leaving clear the deposit account number. Words without supportive evidence come easy on this forum.

11 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Very commendable I will do the same to equal value should you care to send a copy of your deposit slip showing the amount you have donated. Redact your name of course leaving clear the deposit account number. Words without supportive evidence come easy on this forum.

What about this ............... don't send anything safe in the knowledge that you did think about it, but it was my pure inconsideration not to acquiesce to your above demands, that stopped you from donating. There now ................... feel better ?

I sent 500 baht via my ATM card. It was painless and easy and I feel better for it. I give money to strangers often here in Thailand.

If I see a guy/gal looking through trash for plastic, I know they are proud and want to work for their money. However giving them just a days salary, 300 baht, changes their life just for that day. You should try it but make sure you get a receipt!

Is your name Richard?

• 4 weeks later...